“Disappointing”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

When we made the reservation six weeks ago, we had already a bad vibe: maximum time 90 minutes, No longer! We requested table on patio Close to ocean. The offered table was right at the glass wall, the furthest away from views. Also noisy but not from ocean sound. When I said this was far away from the ocean, I was told that I could sit inside. They were totally uncaring and rude. We left and had a wonderful birthday dinner somewhere else.

3  Thank handpaintedsilk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,346)

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Set in Malibu, California, Nobu is an upscale Japanese restaurant. Food is fresh and well prepared. And you might just run into a few celebrities while dining at Nobu.

There are three ways to dine: à la carte, omakase or omakase family style. With omakase, the chef chooses what you get depending on the desired price range. Omakase family style is where you tell your server what you like and how much you want to spend and then s/he makes up a menu for you.

For first timers, I highly recommend the family style. Sarah, our server, chose some amazing dishes for us. Oyster shooters, wagyu beef with blue cheese, black cod and numerous sashimi plates are all delightful.

Service is top notch. The view is incredible. Reservation is highly recommended and it’s hard to get. Reserve as early as you can. Valet available. Great for special occasions, but get ready to spend some serious cash. It’s well worth it though!

1  Thank Joe H
Reviewed 6 June 2018

Location is beautiful for sure, even though the water is not that blue (as pictured). Bring a sweater or wrap, it can be chilly. Sushi is good, not great. If you know and crave good sushi, this will not hit the spot. The portion was ridiculous for the price. I did love the mango martini.

1  Thank NicolePG123
Reviewed 5 June 2018

This place is worth the splurge! Take an uber so you don't have to park and drink a little sake! It's worth hanging a while. I honestly recommend everything, so go ahead and order it all! The deck is directly over the Pacific Ocean, with heat lamps. The inside is cozy. Everything is very fun & clean.

1  Thank NinaNeens
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

Stopped by without a reservation on my way south of CA-1.

I found this Nobu much more relaxed than the one in Dubai which has a more formal air to it. Nobu Malibu has the feel and happy vibe of a chilled Tropezian beachside eatery, but with the food quality Nobu is renowned for.

Went for the octopus salsa as a starter and the king crab salad both of which were excellent. This together with a club soda and one cocktail came to just under $100 excluding tips which I guess is OK for the location. Valet parking was an extra $10.

1  Thank ADXBS

Been to Nobu Malibu? Share your experiences!