“Best sushi and views in town...but pricey”
Review of Nobu Malibu

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Malibu
Reviewed 3 December 2017

This is a great "special occasion" place as a couple's bill all in (tax and tip) will be in the $300-400

But you get a billionaire's view of the ocean and the sushi is truly the best in town.

Plan ahead as you'll need at least 3-4 weeks to get your ideal time. If it is a last minute decsion, make it a lupper and go at around 4-5pm. You can always get a table at that time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Prob the best feel and set up out of all the Nobus. Try to get a table on the water idle next to the fireplace!!!!!!

I will say the food wasn’t as good as the New York City Nobu for some reason. But I’ll take a slight downgrade in food for such an awesome set up!

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Visited for the first time. Lots of hype around this restaurant which was intriguing for the two college girls I hosted. Ended up a no hype and lots of substance experience. Convenient fast valet parking and friendly hostesses. I called ahead that we would be 10 minutes late, and they were friendly on the phone. We were seated immediately. The waiter asked if this was our first visit and then explained the family style portions. One guest was Vegan and the waiter handled her order beautifully. We had 6 different vegetables all prepared to perfection, some with excellent sauces; crab tempura, shrimp and lobster dish and an artichoke salad. Everything was wonderful. Nice selection of California wines by the glass and very good selection by the bottle. Table service was friendly and attentive. You can dine inside; on an enclosed patio area; or outside. Right on the water with stunning views by day, and the surf is lit by night. Lots of happy energy, friendly crowd, and pretty noisy. Nobu was expensive, but I felt it was a value. We will return.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

The location is beautiful and the restaurant has a really nice ambiance. Our waiter was very informative and really helped us make choices based off of our vegan diet. The portions are really small and we were still hungry when we left but the views and ambiance were worth it. I had the Spicy acai martini and it was excellent and HOT. I was a little bummed that it was my birthday and there was no bday dessert or fan fare. But overall I would recommend.

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Went to Nobu for family dinner over the Thanksgiving holiday and it was one of the most exquisite meals I’ve ever had. The fish was just incredible with the best texture and flavors that were out of this world. The hot dishes and cold dishes were to die for and the pis de resistance was the final course of tenderloin of beef with truffle butter that absolutely melted in your mouth. The eight corse prix fix menu consisted of :

Veggie cone
Yellow tail tartare with caviar dollop
Yellow tail sashime
Samon/baracuta/tuna/yellow tail
Deconstructed sashimi salad
Wild Tasmanian Trout
Ribeye with truffle butter & Malibu onion
Miso soup with mushrooms
Deconstructed tiramisu parfait

Will absolutely return during the Christmas holiday, highest recommendation

Been to Nobu Malibu? Share your experiences!