“Our go-to Italian in the Palisades”
Review of Casa Nostra

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Casa Nostra
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Nostra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 95 Restaurants in Malibu
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Every time we're on the west coast this is a go-to stop for our family. This visit was no different - a wonderful experience. We were seated outside and despite chilly weather, the room was enclosed and the heat lamps on. We shared a delicious bottle of wine and enjoyed the bread they brought. My dad and I shared a grilled octopus salad appetizer. Others in our group had Caesar salads and soup. I had the Spaghetti Carbonara which is such a simple yet delicious dish. My boyfriend had a shrimp pesto pasta which was also good. We were given biscotti cookies and dessert wine and we also had tiramisu for dessert - which was sinful! Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I'm not big on writing reviews, but this place deserves the extra effort. My daughter and I arrived on Friday night without reservations and were pleasantly surprised by the friendly greeting we received. They went out of their way to find us a nice table and settle us in on their lovely little patio area. Live music was a nice touch. Service was as good as it gets! They were attentive, fun, friendly, and the perfect balance of being there when we needed something yet not hovering. Our food was delicious! I had the chicken parm, which I get almost always at Italian restaurants so consider myself quite the connoisseur- it was wonderful! My daughter had the basil pesto gnocchi which she also really enjoyed. We also enjoyed our kale salad and the bread but unfortunately didn't have room left to try dessert. Can't wait to visit the area again and will definitely return to this gem of a restaurant!

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

This is for the Westlake Village location since Trip Advisor is not up to date

We were very big fans of Giardino, which occupied this site before Casa Nostra. We hadn't tried Casa Nostra and there are very few choices for high quality Italian restaurants in Ventura County.

I was hesitant after reading over the menu three times (once before going) and not finding any dish that was remotely appealing. Most of the offerings were the same old standard Italian restaurant dishes. I started off with the meatball appetizer- little Chef Boyardee meatballs in a tasteless brown sauce that did little to change my initial impression. I then had the osso buco over risotto. Pretty standard veal shank served on top of over done rice drowned in a heavy brown sauce. Very very average. My wife had the beet, Gorgonzola and walnut salad- totally unremarkable. Her papardelle with duck ragu was over cooked and the brown sauce could have been hiding any kind of meat. Mediocre and unappetizing.

Deserts were brought in and were ok.

Very expensive for the quality of the food. They have three restaurants and this location was packed which surprises me and leads me to believe that McDonald's has shaped an entire generation of palates.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

My daughter and I enjoyed delightful service, delicious wine, and some of the best pasta ever! We rarely eat all of our meals--saving some to take home...not that day! Yum!!

Reviewed 26 February 2017

Was somewhat a disappointment, although we came prepared to love it based on the reviews. The food was ok but certainly not very good and nothing which would knock socks off. Pasta was tasty, although the calarami were absolutely juiceless and dry. Two chicken piccata orders were delivered as one chicken piccata and another chicken dish with a comment "why don't you try something new and share." Service was typical Italian as in a bit imposing and patronizing. Do check you bill. We found an extra entree on ours. The place was packed so there must be other things on the menu that are tastier than what we picked.