“Healthy options, well made”
Review of Plate - CLOSED

Plate
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: MTA Bus stop.
Reviewed 17 October 2015

Definitely one of the better options in mid-Malibu, with several health-conscious menu options, Great for lunch and brunch.

Reviewed 17 October 2015

It's clear from the moment you enter the naturally lit, cute restaurant that each detail has been considered: ambiance, cleanliness, simple/pleasing esthetics, passionate, caring staff.
Where the Plate shines: the food/menu. Excellent pairings of organic, clean (Paleo clean), LOVINGLY prepared foods. The intention and love is so clear in the taste and presentations. YUM.
I'm a low-no sugar gluten free girl: lots of choices at Plate that don't feel like a compromise, unlike many places I travel/eat.
We stayed at The M Motel (um...excellent location to the beach/smack in the middle of Malibu, not great sleep/cleanliness/beds, best feature: allowed us walking distance to dinner and breakfast at Plate).
Server George, from Argentina, the chef/food: memorable. Breakfast was even better than dinner: fresh juice with excellent table presentation, acai bowls, oven made granola, GF breads. 10% off if staying at the M Motel.
Would definitely recommend, and return!

Reviewed 24 July 2015

I was surprised at the lack of people in the restaurant on a Saturday at lunch. Maybe the beach crowds don’t know about it? The restaurant is in a small strip mall so (yeah!) there is parking available. The food was good although expensive. I had The Green Cooler (served at room temperature which is not my preference) and the Caprese Panini with a salad (both good). My husband had one of the Teas Over Ice (expensive but a very attractive presentation, and he really enjoyed the tea) and the stir fry (unremarkable).

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Plate always has amazing, delicious, healthy food that even in take-out is presented beautifully. We have a group that gets together and we order and pick it up or have it delivered. The Papaya Salad is my favorite. Plate is now doing fresh juices as well! I haven't tried them yet, but like everything I know they are fresh, best quality & I'll be hooked!

Reviewed 30 June 2015

My hubby and I had some alone time. We decided to go to Malibu. We had heard about the Plate. We decided to go there after church for lunch. The place had an nice view of the water. We were seated quickly. We were attended to quickly and often. My hubby had the Kobe burger. He was totally pleased with it. I had the Santa Fe Salad. It was fresh and delicious. We both had the coffee and loved it. We ended the meal with dessert. We ordered the fresh berries with whipped cream. We both enjoyed it.
We both loved the servers. They were so attentive and helpful with information on the menu. They made us feel welcomed. We both agreed that the hostess being on a personal call while we were paying was unnecessary and distracting. Her attitude was less than professional, as she sat down at the table in front of the register/hostess area and talked loudly of her dissatisfaction. Not to mention, she asked us to wait while she took this personal call. Luckily, our great server came over quickly and handled our bill.
Overall, I loved the food and the servers (could do w/o the hostess).

1  Thank mimi a