“Good Food with Parking in Crowded Malibu”
Review of Plate - CLOSED

Plate
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: MTA Bus stop.
Reviewed 24 July 2015

I was surprised at the lack of people in the restaurant on a Saturday at lunch. Maybe the beach crowds don’t know about it? The restaurant is in a small strip mall so (yeah!) there is parking available. The food was good although expensive. I had The Green Cooler (served at room temperature which is not my preference) and the Caprese Panini with a salad (both good). My husband had one of the Teas Over Ice (expensive but a very attractive presentation, and he really enjoyed the tea) and the stir fry (unremarkable).

Reviewed 9 July 2015

Plate always has amazing, delicious, healthy food that even in take-out is presented beautifully. We have a group that gets together and we order and pick it up or have it delivered. The Papaya Salad is my favorite. Plate is now doing fresh juices as well! I haven't tried them yet, but like everything I know they are fresh, best quality & I'll be hooked!

Reviewed 30 June 2015

My hubby and I had some alone time. We decided to go to Malibu. We had heard about the Plate. We decided to go there after church for lunch. The place had an nice view of the water. We were seated quickly. We were attended to quickly and often. My hubby had the Kobe burger. He was totally pleased with it. I had the Santa Fe Salad. It was fresh and delicious. We both had the coffee and loved it. We ended the meal with dessert. We ordered the fresh berries with whipped cream. We both enjoyed it.
We both loved the servers. They were so attentive and helpful with information on the menu. They made us feel welcomed. We both agreed that the hostess being on a personal call while we were paying was unnecessary and distracting. Her attitude was less than professional, as she sat down at the table in front of the register/hostess area and talked loudly of her dissatisfaction. Not to mention, she asked us to wait while she took this personal call. Luckily, our great server came over quickly and handled our bill.
Overall, I loved the food and the servers (could do w/o the hostess).

1  Thank mimi a
Reviewed 17 June 2015

For good value and good food, Plate offers a lot of choices. Our party had one vegan and one gluten-free and Plate had a good selection of good food for our people with dietary restrictions.

Reviewed 3 June 2015

Fantastic place...... Great food and service...... I used to order for delivery to my home....Great Ice Tea's and Papaya Salad...YUMMMMM