All reviews complimentary bottle of wine beautiful property chandeliers hanging an amazing place paddle boards outdoor experience breakfast was amazing free shuttle beautiful flowers gym facilities cocktail hour main lobby extended weekend rustic retreat necessary amenities beautiful wedding rain shower
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We visit here in March and it was amazing....so when we came back in Sept we expected the same. We were wrong. It was even BETTER than before! Let’s start with check in- still fantastic! Such an amazing staff, inc valet! They have a new improved family pool and kids pool with awesome cabanas and outside bar, not to mention the adult pool and spa. New landscaping all over the property. New buildings. Updated furnishings throughout. Take the new plush vans, or one of the courtesy Tesla’s to The Beach Club which is newly renovated with all new beach chairs, new bar, new menu at the restuarant, and coming soon a fantastic new concept- drink your dinner restaurant (by resv only), ever wanted to have a liquid caesar salad with a shot of alcohol and not taste the alcohol? Or for that matter, all your courses? Very cool experience that you must try. The kids club at the beach moved to a smaller building separate from the main beach house. Totally adorable! Follow all that by a new “green lawn” by the beach club perfect for a reception, birthday or children’s party. As always accommodations were fantastic - lovely, private, quiet stay...& if your looking for some action- look no further than across the property at Malibu Cafe! The jumping hot spot that’s perfect for all ages with an amazing outdoor experience, music, great food, drinks and cool games. And if you want a quiet, intimate dinner, dine fireside at the Guest Ranch on the porch! There’s something for everyone. It’s a must see! You won’t regret it- def worth the drive!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Wow! This place is so amazing! I came here with a couple of friends for a weekend staycation and I felt like I was at an exclusive resort far from home. The room was incredible and the staff was very polite and accommodating. I recommend going to their beach club to have drinks and hang out at the beach. There is so much to do around the ranch that I didn’t get to check out their spa services, but I definitely will next time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2018

A beautiful resort up in the hills but not too far from the beaches. The hanging chandeliers and lights in the trees were romantic. Loved the quiet pool at the rear. Nice complimentary breakfast spread. All the staff were nice and helpful, though expect gratuity for everything. The private beach is relaxing. This is a valet parking only resort, no self-parking allowed. Valet fee is little steep in my opinion. Can be busy with all the weddings and private events. To make this hotel go from a great 4* resort to a gorgeous 5* resort there are few little touches in our bungalow room in my opinion that need addressing; clean carpet spots/ marks before each reservation, fill holes where old fixtures were, touch up wall paint, cover up under sink plumbing, change yellow toilet seat to white to match the toilet color and have refrigerators in the rooms permanently instead of being an option. This is me being hyper critical.
It is a beautiful romantic 4* resort I'll be coming back too in the future.
Craig

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Family friendly and Dog friendly. Also perfect for couples or friend groups as well. It is casual and hip , yet still has awesome service and amenities. Super friendly staff. Lots of places to explore. I also love being able to text a staff member for any need.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We went to the Ranch for a wedding and were disappointed in how dusty the place is. Reception is a gravel road which got our car and our clothes dusty getting in and out of the vehicle. The folks at valet were awful. They were not attentive to their customers and ignored us every time we came to get our car. They were talking among themselves and didn't acknowledge any of their customers standing in line right in front of them. The shuttle drivers were there only ones that had any kind of service mindedness and customer care. The front desk staff was sterile and slow to check us in.

If you are not highly mobile, this is a very difficult place to get around. Lots of stairs, uneven surfaces and gravel driveways. I would not recommend taking an elderly or mobility challenged person to the place.

The rooms were ok, but not what I'd expect for $450+ per night. The A/C didn't cool the room that well. The bed was comfy and did have varying pillow firmnesses. Shower had plenty of hot water. Room appeared very clean.

The breakfast buffet was a big disappointment. Lots to choose from, but anything that should have been hot wasn't. This includes the eggs, bacon and quiche my husband and I both had. As I said, a huge disappointment. The pastries and the iced tea were the only highlights of the meal. And Kristina, who seated us and got me ice for my tea. Everyone else seemed to care less that we were there.

All in all, not a good experience. I travel a lot for work, conferences and trade shows and stay in much nicer places than this for much less money.

Stayed: August 2018