See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 April 2017

Service was very bad!!. Look for other options. Location of the hotel is the only thing I could say as the positive part. Rest all its worst. The front desk lady argued and took more than half a day rent for late check out by two to three hours.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

I called in the morning to reserve a room. They asked me about what time I'd arrive, and I said 3. When I arrived just before 4, they said they'd given my room away since I didn't arrive by 3. I was never informed that my reservation wouldn't be valid past my stated arrival time. They had my number and never called. They are unbelievably cheap for rooms, so I understand if you choose to go anyway, but make sure to use Expedia so that you are covered if they decide to give your room away ob a whim.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2016

I only completed one night of my two night stay before having to move to another hotel. The whole place smells, the lobby has a strong smell of curry, and the room smelt so strongly of bleach/cleaning products that it was uncomfortable. The room was also quite dirty in places, with marks on the chairs, years of grime on the TV remote and phone, and dust in the cupboards. There is no air conditioning, just a noisy pedestal fan that was haphazardly plugged into one of two electrical outlets. The room was tiny, with a short bed and miniscule bathroom. The hotel advertises free parking, but there are only 6 spaces that are difficult to manoeuvre into/out of, there is no turning space so I ended up having to reverse out on to a busy highway. The only redeeming features of this hotel are its proximity to the Metro and reasonably fast free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Chris J
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

No AC. Place smells bad. Bed was very uncomfortable. I just felt like the place seemed dirty. Its only like 3 miles from the Chinese theatre but we didnt care for the place whatsoever. Their free parking is an alley, Where they made me park blocked in other cars and other cars then blocked me in. If I wanted to leave after checking or before checkout then other people would have to of moved their cars. If anyone else wanted to leave I would of had to wake up and move my car. Thats what they told me. Also I had to display my room number on my dashboard which didnt seem very safe. The area around us seemed fairly sketchy. They locked the front door but then left the back door open all night. The reservation was under my name but we were going to pay with my girlfriends card. They wouldn't allow us to pay with her card because the reservation wasnt in her name which nearly caused us an issue. Lucky I had enough cash on me.

Pay the extra money to stay somewhere else. We wish we had.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanZ198
Reviewed 22 July 2016

I found the hotel to be fantastic. Right in the heart of Hollywood, they gave me VIP service. The room was great with no issues whatsoever. I highly recommend businesses to utilize the Roxy Hotel not only for their excellent customer service but for their prices as well.

Room Tip: I highly recommend Room 247