“I prefer ramen elsewhere”
Review of Santouka Ramen

Santouka Ramen
Ranked #813 of 10,959 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Westside
Neighbourhood: Westside
Reviewed 3 October 2016

My husband loves the curry at a restaurant in the same food court, so we go to the Matsuwa Market whenever we are in town. I get Santouka ramen because I love ramen! But there are a few things I don't like about the overall experience:
1. It's cash only. There are a few restaurants here that take plastic, but most are cash only.
2. Seating can be challenging. It's a popular place with a lot of restaurants but a small seating area. It's clearly not big enough to accommodate customer traffic.
3. Lots of dos and don'ts. I feel like there are too many instructions for ordering, paying, getting water, etc. It's just a little annoying.
There are plenty of other ramen places nearby that I prefer, but my husband just loves that curry too much. So, I deal.

Reviewed 12 August 2016 via mobile

Highly recommended for ramen lovers. Tasty broth, no long wait lines and you can pick between 3 different sizes. Convenient location inside mitsuwa food court.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

Look, I'm no ramen connoisseur, but I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I ordered miso ramen , along with a small fish side dish. The soup was rich and comforting.

Santouka is cash only. If you have any trouble finding this place, it's situated inside the Mitsuwa Marketplace so you won't see signage for the restaurant outside. It's set up food court style, and you'll find other restaurants in the marketplace. Alcohol isn't served in the foodcourt so just grab a bottle of sake from Mitsuwa before heading out.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

So I had great expectations, as I enjoy the Edgewater, NJ location VERY much. They call their pork “Melty” and I was looking forward to tasting the West Coast version. While the broth is consistent, the ramen and pork was not. The ramen tasted like instant ramen that did not get enough cooking. The pork was not to the same excellence as the East Coast version.

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

I was happy to find the authentic taste of the tonkotsu Ramen as well as the miso ramen and common flavors. Santouka cooks delicious noodles in a full-flavor soup, topped with select gourmet items. You can have it in 3 sizes and with several options. Very delicious, good quality. I'll come again.

1  Thank Tomer Z