“Disappointed comparing to East Coast version”
Review of Santouka Ramen

Santouka Ramen
Ranked #758 of 10,843 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Westside
Neighbourhood: Westside
Reviewed 11 September 2015

So I had great expectations, as I enjoy the Edgewater, NJ location VERY much. They call their pork “Melty” and I was looking forward to tasting the West Coast version. While the broth is consistent, the ramen and pork was not. The ramen tasted like instant ramen that did not get enough cooking. The pork was not to the same excellence as the East Coast version.

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

I was happy to find the authentic taste of the tonkotsu Ramen as well as the miso ramen and common flavors. Santouka cooks delicious noodles in a full-flavor soup, topped with select gourmet items. You can have it in 3 sizes and with several options. Very delicious, good quality. I'll come again.

1  Thank Tomer Z
Reviewed 8 June 2015 via mobile

I love Santouka Ramen, I still can't figure out their secret. Santouka Ramen is located inside the Mitsuwa Japanese Market in their restaurant section. So many different choices from Miso, Salt, and Shoyu Ramen with different ingredients. The broth is delicious, you don't want it to go to waste. Seating is in an open area Cafeteria style with other restaurant vendors. Lunch & Dinner are packed & parking is always . Good for any appetites difficult at Mitsuwa Market. Trust me...it is worth the headache. I get a craving once a week. It is very inexpensive with sizes from small, regular, and large. Great for any appetite.

1  Thank Akiko A
Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

My "go-to" for hangover cure and pre-shopping snack is always serving delicious ramen every day until 8 p.m. The prices are very reasonable and the options are plenty! Cash only, but there is a Bank of America ATM in the food court.

Hint: for $5.99 you can add the most tender bites of pork cheek!

1  Thank Aigooooo
Reviewed 5 April 2015

Mitsuwa provides food court and Santouka Ramen is the best in there. I went NJ Mitsuwa, Chicago Mitauwa and here. I think the LA Santouka is best quality.

1  Thank Ken0214