“Decent one night stay, very quiet rooms”
Review of JJ Grand Hotel

JJ Grand Hotel
Ranked #217 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for a nice simple well run hotel in Korea Town than this is a good place to stay. Check in was super efficient and quick. Rooms are simple and spacious. Amazingly for LA there is no noise from traffic as the hotel is on a side street. Lots of great Korean restaurants nearby as well which is helpful.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel / room was as required. Nothing fancy, but basic. The room was large, so fine. The right location for transport. Metro Station Wilshire Normandie. However, staff appeared not to know much about tourist sites. I was told to hire a taxi to visit Universal Studios. A cheap Metro ride was a better alternative.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2017

The hotel was very nice. Large room but quite tired looking. Wall paper peeling off the wall etc. But it was clean. It was in the middle of Korean town with access to trains/buses very near by. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2017

JJ Grand Hotel was okay. The location is 1 block from Wilshire Blvd and Hanmi Bank headquarters in Koreatown. Everything was okay--room, dining, hotel in general. Not much in the way of amenities. Internet was free but slow.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I stayed at the JJ Grand Hotel between May19th and May 22nd and was displease majority of the time, but made the best of it. On Friday, I arrived around 11 a.m. at the hotel and the front desk manager (a woman) and younger male greeted me, but told me I had to wait until 3 p.m. to check-in. I travel often and stay at several hotels, but this was the first time I was declined entrance due to the check-in time. I came back around 2:00 p.m. and they allowed me to check-in (of course I told them, check-in time moved up to 2?, they smiled and gave me the keys). After settling in the hotel room on Friday, I called room service for face towels/wash cloths and they told me they were drying and I should get some soon. I called on Saturday and Sunday for the face towels/wash cloths and they were still out, so I made the best of the larger towels (not the body towel). Friday evening I went out and returned the car to valet that night, on Saturday morning there were yellow skid marks on the rental car from their hotel parking garage (wait, it gets better. . .I'll come back to that soon). I informed the front desk, but was brushed off about it. I went about my day on Saturday and came back in the evening to wash off and then have dinner, so at this point there were two Asian men at the valet counter. A slim Asian man went to collect the car and a heavy set Asian man waited at the counter. When I received my car, I was demanded to give two dollars to the slender Asian man who went for the vehicle and stood in the door way of the driver side until the two dollars was given. I asked the Asian man at the counter isn't this free valet parking (again, I travel often. . .I know about tipping, valet and how things work during a hotel stay) the heavier Asian man told me, "oh maybe the other men (which were Hispanic) were giving you a break you have to pay two dollars every time you drop and pick up your car". I told him I'll be sure to ask the front desk manager. Sunday morning, I asked the young man who was at the front desk Friday when I arrived about the valet charge and the yellow skid marks from their parking garage. He started acting oblivious and to me was pretending to write down information to inform the front desk manager and he said she will not be back until Monday evening (LIE ALERT). On Monday morning, I checked out and the front desk manager was there. I told her about the situtation and she told me I should tip when the men at the valet counter picks up the vehicle and she tried to make comparisons to other hotels, to get me off on her tangent. I am the WRONG person. I told her about the yellow skid marks the only thing she said was sorry and basically a pat on the back. I asked her for a receipt to check out and she didn't want to give it to me or make a copy and there was a xerox machine behind her. I do apologize for the lengthy review, but please PROCEED WITH CAUTION when booking through Priceline or directly at the JJ Grand Hotel because honey, there isn't anything grand about it, not even the rooms.

An Avid Traveler

Room Tip: All of the rooms need an upgrade