“JJ NOT SO Grand Hotel”
Review of JJ Grand Hotel

JJ Grand Hotel
Ranked #217 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I stayed at the JJ Grand Hotel between May19th and May 22nd and was displease majority of the time, but made the best of it. On Friday, I arrived around 11 a.m. at the hotel and the front desk manager (a woman) and younger male greeted me, but told me I had to wait until 3 p.m. to check-in. I travel often and stay at several hotels, but this was the first time I was declined entrance due to the check-in time. I came back around 2:00 p.m. and they allowed me to check-in (of course I told them, check-in time moved up to 2?, they smiled and gave me the keys). After settling in the hotel room on Friday, I called room service for face towels/wash cloths and they told me they were drying and I should get some soon. I called on Saturday and Sunday for the face towels/wash cloths and they were still out, so I made the best of the larger towels (not the body towel). Friday evening I went out and returned the car to valet that night, on Saturday morning there were yellow skid marks on the rental car from their hotel parking garage (wait, it gets better. . .I'll come back to that soon). I informed the front desk, but was brushed off about it. I went about my day on Saturday and came back in the evening to wash off and then have dinner, so at this point there were two Asian men at the valet counter. A slim Asian man went to collect the car and a heavy set Asian man waited at the counter. When I received my car, I was demanded to give two dollars to the slender Asian man who went for the vehicle and stood in the door way of the driver side until the two dollars was given. I asked the Asian man at the counter isn't this free valet parking (again, I travel often. . .I know about tipping, valet and how things work during a hotel stay) the heavier Asian man told me, "oh maybe the other men (which were Hispanic) were giving you a break you have to pay two dollars every time you drop and pick up your car". I told him I'll be sure to ask the front desk manager. Sunday morning, I asked the young man who was at the front desk Friday when I arrived about the valet charge and the yellow skid marks from their parking garage. He started acting oblivious and to me was pretending to write down information to inform the front desk manager and he said she will not be back until Monday evening (LIE ALERT). On Monday morning, I checked out and the front desk manager was there. I told her about the situtation and she told me I should tip when the men at the valet counter picks up the vehicle and she tried to make comparisons to other hotels, to get me off on her tangent. I am the WRONG person. I told her about the yellow skid marks the only thing she said was sorry and basically a pat on the back. I asked her for a receipt to check out and she didn't want to give it to me or make a copy and there was a xerox machine behind her. I do apologize for the lengthy review, but please PROCEED WITH CAUTION when booking through Priceline or directly at the JJ Grand Hotel because honey, there isn't anything grand about it, not even the rooms.

An Avid Traveler

Room Tip: All of the rooms need an upgrade
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tricey R

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Nothing fancy. Very basic hotel. Room is old. Not luxurious. But ok for 1 night. More than 1 night be harder. Greatest benefit of this place is it's location in heart of Ktown. Very convenient.

Also this hotel is located almost right next to small mall w Korean restaurants. Among which there is a place called Agashi. That place is dope. Very good food.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank JPBayArea2016
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Cheap place to stay at. The rooms were very old. The decor is old. Strangely find a phone next to the toilet. The location of the hotel was great since its 10 minutes from the Hollywood walk of fame. Free valet parking.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank jonathan o
Reviewed 22 March 2017

This was a good no-brainer pick for me - centrally located in LA in the Wilshire District/Koreatown area if you have business in the area, convenient to some good museums and Union Station. Check-in was smooth, wi-fi took some education on the login, but staff was helpful, along with directions to local destinations. Room was nice, bed comfortable, tv fine, bathroom pretty good, and it was quiet with very effective back-out curtains. Coffee and water in the room, but a small fridge is available. I am guessing the majority of the patrons here are Korean - the in-house room service menu is oriented towards Korean and Japanese. Price not low, but not exorbitant either in comparison with other places, and I considered the value to be good.

Room Tip: upper floors seem very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2017

This hotel is nothing special so dont expect anything Super.
When we came in the hotel to checkin Dont expect that there will be a doorman available for you to open the doors when your hand is full with your Luggages, they're just not available, and the Reception dont expect to have any decent conversation they are "Straight to the point" Checkin or Not To Checkin!
When you book for this hotel do not bother to fill out the special request form because they will not read it, rather they will not do any of it.
HOWEVER! when you get inside your room it's clean, spacious and quiet and I believe thats all we need to have for us to stay in a hotel. So I have ranked JJ GRAND HOTEL "AVERAGE".

Room Tip: Just Dont Ask anything Special, you'll never get it :)
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family