“Business hotel with a Korean atmosphere”
Review of JJ Grand Hotel

JJ Grand Hotel
Ranked #214 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 8 July 2015

The room is all you would expect from a mid-range business hotel anywhere in the world. Air-conditioned, Wi-Fi, good sized bed, well equipped bathroom and a lighting system that only requires a short time to work out.
It is in the middle of Korea Town though, so the public areas are pleasingly different with oriental pots and ornaments scattered around and multi lingual signs. Sometimes they are mono-lingual and that language is not English.
There seemed to be some sort of conference going on and I seemed to be the only guest who was not part of it. A bit lonely perhaps but never mind, it is an excuse to explore the outside world.
As the sole diner in the morning, I shamefully went for the American Breakfast instead of trying the Korean varieties. Too early to be adventurous I suppose.
I was hoping for somewhere a bit closer to the station but nowhere is close to anywhere in LA. A taxi was called up. A large, black, air-conditioned limo appeared outside. You too can arrive at Union station in style.

Room Tip: Probably all quite standard and not much to choose between them.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Robert E

Reviewed 17 June 2015

Very disappointed so far! Only thing "Grand" is the picture of the front for the website! Very old out dated and not that clean. Way over priced for the quality. A/C very noisy and location is not a great location for downtown business.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank Businesstraveler257
Reviewed 18 January 2015

We were fooled my the beautiful pictures of the hotel on the outside and lobby. Those were beautiful. But as soon as we got to the room we could not stay one more night!!! One of the worst experience at a hotel we had ever went thru. Do not, and I mean do not waste your time coming here. The smell in the room was unbearable and the view was not something we wanted to see. The rooms are so tiny! The water had a bad smell. I couldn't believe I actually slept the night. When we went to get the car the vallet guy was honest and nice enough to say "we won't c you again" my fiance laughed and said oh so you know... could not wait to leave. WiFi was horrible, even when the phone connected my Internet did not work. The neighborhood itself felt very ghetto and scary. We were able to check out the next morning. Thank god!!!!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Amani A
Reviewed 3 January 2015 via mobile

If your looking for a no frills hotel in a good convenient location, then this is it. The rooms are old, but clean. The female check in clerk was very nice. I wish they had microwaves in the rooms since there are refrigerators, and it would be nice to hear up food. The restaurants down stairs seem overpriced, but I did not try the food so unsure it earth it. I will come back again as it serves it's purpose.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2014

This is a Korean owned and operated hotel in Korea town. However, there was a mixture of guests and everyone spoke English. The lobby is shiney and very pretty. The hotel has Korean and Japanese restaurants. The rooms are clean, efficient and comfortable. The beds are excellent. The room had a refrigerator which was very helpful and appreciated.

I travel to L.A. frequently and this hotel fit all my needs. There is free valet parking and it was a pleasure to tip these smiling, accommodating attendants.

My husband and I loved this hotel and we will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family