All reviews rooftop bar tallest building floor lobby la boucherie switch elevators western hemisphere open air bar separate elevator le labo lighting system elevator situation the club lounge ambassador member corner room gold's gym floor to ceiling windows beautiful hotel
Reviewed 22 September 2017

What a view of the North side of Downtown from the Grand Wilshire at noon while having lunch. The place was decent and newly opened. The waiters were very friendly and helpful. Your can choice from a menu or grab the plate on the belt looping with plenty of choices.

Room tip: North side offers a view of Glendale and Pasadena as well as Dodger stadium.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed for one night at the recently opened Intercontinental Los Angeles. As a regular business traveller I look for 5 things - a clean room, comfortable bed, good shower, decent WiFi and good location. This hotel scores strongly on 3 out of 5.

It’s a very modern hotel with contemporary decor - on the positive side, it’s in a great downtown location, the rooms are clean and spacious and the beds are extremely comfortable. However the water pressure in the shower wasn’t great and neither was the WiFi connection (although they do allow multiple devices to be connected). The only issue with the rooms being so high up is that the mobile phone signal isn’t the best.

My only other complaint is that the reception is on the 70th floor and my room was on 43rd - accessed by a different set of lifts. This mean that, by some bizarre arrangement, having to get in the lift to go up to floor 70 in order to access the lift down to street level. If I had stayed any longer than 1 night, this would have been an irritation.

A real positive is the attitude of the staff - from the warm welcome on the ground floor, to reception to concierge- everyone was helpful and friendly.

A real highlight was having a late breakfast at Dekkadance on the 69th floor. I had arrived after the buffet had finished so ordered from the a la carte menu. I ordered the “Opulence Benedict” - an upmarket take on Eggs Benedict made up of Parma ham and poached crab instead of ham/Canadian bacon, dressed in rich hollandaise sauce with the perfect hint of horseradish atop perfectly poached eggs. It’s simply the best benedict I have ever eaten (and I have had many...!). Coupled with a fantastic view of Los Angeles and a cold glass of OJ it was the perfect breakfast! A generous portion, I thought I would not finish it. In the end I ate the whole lot!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Karen W, Manager at InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Hello David Y -

Thank you for such a positive review, and for visiting us in our first months of being open. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience at Dekkadance as well as your room. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our associates – as they are our #1 asset. We will be sure to pass along your kind words to the entire team, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

This property is spectacular. From its views, the spacious and comfortable rooms, to the professionalism if every staff member. I have stayed here twice and will definitely stay again next time I'm in LA.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Christine C -

Thank you for such a great review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with an amazing view. Modern, clean, friendly staff. Great location. First time where I checked in on the 70th floor. Getting to different areas of the hotel requires some effort. The environment is youthful or I'm getting older.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Gia D -

Thank you for taking the time to write us a positive review on Trip Advisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Beautiful rooms service and a free car driven into town in the mornings nicely laid out and our room over looked fox studios and we were given information for restaurants and shops very nice people
LAX Is a very busy airport this was about 40mins away and shuttle service we found to be a bit hit and miss would recommend getting a cab as it's so busy we waited over an hour breathing in fumes

Date of stay: November 2016

Dear lockyer18 -

Thank you for your positive review -- we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!