“Excellent Argentinean Food”
Review of Buenos Aires Grill

Buenos Aires Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Buenos Aires Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #790 of 10,305 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Latin, South American
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Neighbourhood: South San Fernando Valley
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We had reservations and we seated immediately when we arrived. A friend told us to order a GRILL meal for two so we did. The GRILL meals are served on a grill at your table. There is a large selection of menu items. There's something for everyone, from steak, to ribs, sweetbreads (if you like that!), shrimp, pork, lamb and more. It was excellent!! There was so much food that we took some home. They serve wine also. It was crowded, so reservations are suggested.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

I've been here for lunch and dinner. The lunch specials are great but the best thing to order is one of the GRILL dinners. The GRILL options are usually for 2 people and have a variety of meats. The portions are huge!! You'll probably take food home. There's something for everyone. It was very popular at dinner, so reservations are a good idea.

Reviewed 9 December 2016

This is a nice place that allows you to sit and watch soccer games from around the world while drinking the sangria.
i usually eat a chicken dish the name of which i forgot but the portions are large and everyone must try the potato chips
i go there on days when i cannot find a restaurant, that has a waiting list under 15 minutes and they have always been able to accommodate me

Reviewed 16 September 2016

This pleasant Northridge spot is inconspicuously located in an otherwise unremarkable California retail strip shopping center. Upon arrival the staff is immediately welcoming and they provide good attentive service throughout the meal.
I dined alone, arriving at about 8:30pm on Wednesday evening which gave me the opportunity to sit back and really feel the vibe. It was immediately clear the clientele is largely repeat customers. The ownership and staff great the regular guests as close friends and are welcomed almost if they had been invited to dinner. The hugs and friendly banter is as sincere as it is charming.
The wine selection is not extensive but quite adequate and well selected for the restaurants offerings. It is priced a bit higher that I expected but still I did find it to be excessive. I did observe a guest arrive with a bottle of wine but I do not know the corkage charge.
I tried a variety of dishes all very good. Did I over order and over eat? Quite happily yes! The queso provoleta was good, especially the crusty part attached to the cast iron skillet. The Mollejas (sweetbreads) were excellent prepared perfectly. Both the morcilla (blood sausage) and their Chorizo (made in house) were very good. I followed with an Entrana that was well cooked and very tasty.
There are many other items on the menu that clearly merit sampling. The empanadas that went by my table looked very tempting.
Interestingly there was also a special deal for pizza. For a flat amount guests are offered as much as they like of four or five different pizza selections. The pizzas are prepared fresh as they are consumed and served by the slice upon request. That looked good too.
When I got the check I saw to my surprise the espresso was offered on the house. That gesture made me smile. I suspect what I experienced is typical for this warm a friendly place and more than enough to bring me back every time i am in Northridge.

1  Thank Jerry O
Reviewed 22 August 2016

We have been visiting Buenos Aires for almost 10 years. We love the Argentine steak, wonderful pasta dishes and empanadas.