“Wished we had more time”
Review of Cafe Gratitude

Cafe Gratitude
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Gratitude is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #341 of 11,892 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

I am a bit of a softie but I found this cafe quite moving. The staff serve serenely and ask you to consider what you are grateful for. You need to experience it to know but I guess it just felt genuine.The menu is seriously vegan and much is made in the premises including the almond milk. French toast and coffee were very good.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Such a wonderful experience surrounded by lovely people and good food. Coffee was delicious, staff were passionate and informed and we overall had a great time. It is a plant-based cafe and I know that (although not vegan themselves) the rest of my family also really enjoyed gaining some insight into the power of food.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I was recently on vacation and visited this establishment a couple of times on my journey. I ran into an old friend who happened to be a staff member here whom I hadn't connected with in over 10 years. Amazing! I found the food to be delightful and the dessert was exquisite! Completely enjoyed my visit here!!

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Surprisingly innovative menu of vegan eats here. Pricey, but that's to be expected in LA. I was hoping to find more here that wasn't spicy, but no luck. I'm not a vegan, but I enjoy eating vegan and vegetarian frequently. My main woe, however, is that all vegan food seems to be spicy to make up for flavor and I can't tolerate much spice. Sadly, Gratitude was no different. Tried their fried coconut--yummy, but the cocktail sauce was overly spicy and the coconut itself was a little plain without the sauce. Tried the tempeh mole--the tomatillo sauce they add on top is quite spicy. Bummer.

All that to say, I'm sure it'd be delicious if you like spicy foods!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Here's the deal, imagine the place that every snobby, yoga doing, ionized water drinking, turmeric tea sipping (non-Indian!), vegan, gluten-free, prius driving, lululemon wearing, water bottle toting, warby parker wearing, toms shoes wearing, farmers market tote bag going, spray tanned, reality tv watching, reality tv starring, Coachella attendee, LA stereotype you can imagine.

They all eat here.

But here's the thing, it's got-damn delicious.

You gotta order with the the "I am..." and then the name of your dish, ("grateful", "brave", "humble" etc...), which I don't know how anyone does with a straight face.

Scoff all you want until the food comes and the waiter says "You are grateful (or whatever it was)" and places the food in front of you.

It's damn beautiful to look at it and even more delicious to taste.

I'm a carnivore, but this place is just too good to overlook for meateaters, as much as you'll hate everyone in there and yourself for being there.

Desserts are solid too - get it to go, so the health conscious don't make you feel bad.

1  Thank Ridge86er