“It's a Bedroom!”

Rodeway Inn Los Angeles
Ranked #201 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I was on a budget and had to go to L.A. for a business trip near the area. I found Rodeway Inn and decided to take a chance on it because of the reviews.

First of all the parking garage. BE CAREFUL NOT TO SCRATCH YOUR CAR! Luckily, I had a rented compact car and even though, I still had trouble entering/leaving the garage. You can see the scars, er the scratches, along the wall from other cars. It was extremely narrow. Plus when you leave the garage it will hit/scrap the bottom of your vehicle. Don't say I warned you. However, at the check in desk I was told there was an outside parking behind the hotel, where those who do not want to scratch their cars park.

Check-in was okay. The clerk was nice and friendly. She found us a room quickly, but when we went to the room it was not yet ready. We had to go back downstairs and notify the clerk. Alas, we were given a room that was ready.

The hotel itself needs updating from the flooring to the decor/furniture. I would probably concentrate on the floors first. The hallway carpet looks like it hasn't been changed in decades. The hallway floor next to the garage felt like an alleyway to a hidden restaurant (think of the alleys in New York City if you've been to one). I did feel a little queasy walking along the hallway. I did feel some sort of energy/ghost.

Upon entering the room I was glad the carpet was clean. But, the room itself was smaller than my own bedroom! It was cute, yes, but it was like a hostel. But who am I to complain, I should be thankful there was privacy. Yes, it's a compact room but it kept me from spending the night at a motel/hotel that was more run down. Again, I was on a tight budget. However, the room had a microwave, TV with two remote controls (one to turn it on/off and adjust the volume, and the other to change the channels), coffee maker, hangers, fridge, hairdryer, and the regular amenities such as the soap, shampoo/conditioner, and lotion. I like that there were a lot of mirrors. But I didn't like that there was no closet. The odd thing was the shower. It's good for short people, but if you're 6 feet or taller the shower head will only reach your chest. You'd have to bend your head down to wash your hair. The queen size bed was surprisingly comfortable; the pillows were too. I actually like their firm pillows. On a side note, I wanted to iron my shirt but realized the room did not have an ironing board or iron. I saw an attendant in the hallway who gave me the ironing board/iron. That was nice of her. I was happy as I didn't want to go to my meeting with a wrinkled shirt.

Rodeway Inn is centrally located where you can actually walk to The Grove. It was a 10 minute walk, but I didn't mind. The room I got was facing the courtyard and not the street. Lucky for me, as the first room given was facing the street and you can hear all kinds of noise (especially the cars). The courtyard view room was much quieter. I think the odd numbered rooms faced the street (on the second floor).

The hotel offered continental breakfast in the lobby. It was decent. I had a make-your-own waffle (they had a waffle maker) and grabbed a yogurt. They also had cereals, pastries and other carbs. Be aware though as the pastries goes fast. I guess there are a lot of hungry people staying in the hotel. Because of this, I decided to also add to my meal by going elsewhere for breakfast.

The elevator is slow, so I decided to take the stairs. Plus, it's good exercise. I counted the steps and it is 36 steps from the ground floor to the second floor.

Staff was cordial/friendly. But yes, the hotel is pretty darn compact. Don't be surprised if it is smaller than your bedroom.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank TRTW

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Very basic accommodations. The hotel tries to upgrade with nice furniture but walls itself need repair. Air conditioner works but 1980 window unit. Elevator works. Corridors and hallways not air conditioned, they leave doors open for a breeze (this is not a beach town) so hot/muggy/mosquitoes greet you. Road noise is apparent. We had to wear sunglasses in the shower due to the glare in the bathroom being WAY over the top bright!!! You can't see it's so bright (room 220). Strange. It's across the street from CBS studios so an attendance to the late night show would be the only good idea at this location. Solid basic hotel. Keywords are basic/road noise/strange.

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 30 March 2017

The front desk personnel was efficient, nice and helpful. I was very surprised when I opened the front door. This was the smallest hotel room I have ever seen. There was no real closet space, no clock, no chairs...just a queen sized bed which covered virtually the entire room. However, there was a small desk, fridge and a microwave., and the TV was modern. The bathroom was tiny, but the plumbing worked and the shower was adequate. The breakfast consisted of random pastries, yogurt and coffee. There was a quaint courtyard area in the middle of the hotel We stayed for three days at $156.00 per night.
The location is fantastic. The CBS Broadcast Center was across Beverly Blvd., and the Farmer's Market (a great venue) was within walking distance.

All things considered, the stay was okay, but be prepared for the tiny room!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank 772patrick
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Close to The Grove (shopping). Right across the street from CBS Television City. Free (limited) parking. Free internet. Free breakfast (waffles, pastries, juice & yogurt). Cute court yard. Lots o surveillance cameras.

No closet, just a place in the corner to hang your things. The curved shower rod was installed too deep into the shower to give the benefit of having it. The shower curtain was too short. The A/C was loud, but it drowned out the traffic noise.

You have to be buzzed in to the reception area after hours, but the front door stayed open all night. I would not recommend this location for a female traveling alone.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ChilMili
Reviewed 15 March 2017

Staff was nice,location great especially if you are going to Price is Right, The Grove And Farmer's Market. Room was clean. Now the downside.... The office you have to be buzzed to get in making me wonder about safety. This is a motel, not a Hotel. The room is fantastic if you are a Oompa Loompa. Room is very small. No closet, very few drawers. Mirror was great if I wanted to look at my belly button. Small bathroom. I felt very close to the floor when on the toilet. I repeatedly hit my head on the shower head, never saw one that low. I was told by someone else not to go into parking garage, they said it was creepy.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo