All reviews farmers market small room yogurt would stay again place to sleep grove hangers
Reviewed 28 February 2017

If all you need is a place to lay your head and go to the bathroom, then this is your palace. That is all I needed for a quick solo weekend trip down to LA, and the price was right -- as was the location -- so Rodeway Inn it was. There was barely any space in the room to turn around in - it was basically just a bed, a sink, and a separate toilet, but there was free parking (which is hard to find in this neighborhood) and some stale pastries and mediocre coffee in the morning. You could hear the street and alley noise at night, and this building has definitely seen better days. Could have been worse, but not sure I'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on upper floors, and away from the street side.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

This is very handy location, the grove is 5.mins walk that has a hop on hop off buss stop and lots of amazing restuarants and shopping stores. Hollywood main drag is a $6 uber away. Great location!
Rooms are large and comfortable. We were able to check into our room very early when our flight arrived at no extra cost. Breakfast was nice, waffles, toast, fruit and yoghurt.
Great stay if your after a good location and dont want to pay the earth!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JessicaW5284
Reviewed 11 December 2016

Although there are quite a few smaller hotels in the neighborhood of Beverly and Fairfax, the Rodeway Inn is a good value for the price. You may have to sacrifice a bit on the size of room and lack of drawer space for a few hangers on the wall and no desk. We did get two queen beds in a 2 room configuration which was was very nice. The beds were extremely comfortable and gave us a good night's sleep. As the hotel is right on Beverly Boulevard, there is quite a bit of street noise, especially if the room is on the side of Beverly or even on the side street. If you're on the first floor, you may hear the floor squeak above your head if someone is walking on the second floor. But Rodeway does provide a decent continental breakfast with self-made waffles, bagels, and bread, as well as cereal and danish. The coffee machine is pretty good and there is also a nice selection of yogurt. They also serve milk and orange juice so you can have a decent breakfast. The underground parking is accessed by a very steep and narrow driveway; not fun to go in and out. There are several spaces off the alley in the back on the side of the building that are available and you should try to park there instead of in the underground area. The rooms were clean, sheets were clean, and towels were clean (also plush). Despite a few drawbacks, it was OK.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are in the back and less noise on 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank geotech522
Reviewed 10 November 2016

Prebooked prepaid no cancellation no refund. We were given a room that was very small one bed a queen I think, Asked for a cot but there was no room to put one. I feel if you prebook, you lose all chances of getting a decent room, they probably assign the worst room they have once they have your non refundable money. But anyway my cousin freaked out with claustrophobia and paid for a room with two separate rooms, one bath room. The place was nice and clean no bugs. The phones in our rooms did not work when we needed to call the lobby, they never got fixed.

Anthony was our shining star always helpful with directions and ideas. The place is across the street from CBS if your lucky enough to get tickets.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank carribbeanmic
Reviewed 13 October 2016

My home was being tented and I needed a neighborhood hotel for a couple of days. I stopped into the hotel to check availability and rates and was immediately greeted warmly by Rosario who provided me all the details I needed. I checked in on Tuesday, October 10.2016 and settled into a 2nd floor room. I had requested a "quiet" room as I had to work on my portfolio and was provided my request. My stay was absolutely fine and I would return to this property for the hospitality I received from both Rosario and Christy. The rooms are small but adequately furnished and is within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. The Grove is a short walk away.i found the property clean and well maintained.

Room Tip: Rooms in rear and on 2nd floor are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo