“Right down the middle”

Rodeway Inn Los Angeles
Ranked #201 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Have to give this 3 stars or Average. I hate to do that because after you read the reviews you're still wondering if it's a good choice. It's not great, it's not terrible...what is is??? That's how I felt after reading some reviews and booking this hotel...and still feel that way after the stay.

My wife and I stayed 3 nights over Labor Day weekend.

What was good:
*Room was not special, but was clean (room more than bathroom - but both ok)
*No sign of bedbugs which is our new greatest fear when traveling.
*The room was quiet. We didn't see much traffic in and out of the hotel. I had asked for a 2nd story room because I hate hearing people above me. I don't remember any moment where we heard other guests. Stayted room 202. The air conditioner was loud which was a plus for us because we need white noise.
*I liked the location - though I see that as completely subjective. The neighborhood was not populated with hotels so it wasn't populated with huge crowds of tourists. It was walking distance to Farmers Market and some nice restaurants that seemed more pouplated with locals. We walked to Farmers Market and did Melting Pot food tour - which was neat.
*Parking was free - but you'll pay for parking everywhere you visit.
*Price was decent.
*Free wi-fi worked fine.

Flip side:
I don't have a lot of negative to say about the hotel because it did the job. We were hitting the streets and didn't spend much time in inside. But if I would consider upgrading hotels the next time in LA if I could do it by spending an extra $50/night. If not, I would come back.
*Room was a little sticky...not sure if it was humidity, but not completely comfortable though it was clean.
*Small room small bed for price
*Hotel was budget - and had the budget feel. Rooms were ok but rest of hotel felt less than average.
*Breakfast wasn't worth the time (maybe if you had kids and loaded up on cereal)
*Parking was free but was kind of a pain. It was also full every night - not sure what they do if it fills up.

I wouldn't rule out staying here again, but would probably look for a better deal first.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ICNiT

Reviewed 4 September 2012 via mobile

We were blowed away by the hotel. Location - fantastic, room - good air con, coffee machine, fridge, microwave and TV. Clean and fresh everyday. Staff helpful and friendly . Definitely stay again! Special thanks to Rosario and all front desk!

1  Thank Dorianna10
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in! There was a leak in the bathroom and the room was infested by flying bugs. The walls were covered in blood splatter from other people killing the bugs. When I tried to have my money refunded I was refused. I had to spend the night at another hotel because the room was so bad. Spend the extra money and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: My room was on the bottom floor and it was terrible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Across the street from CBS Television City and right around the corner to the Farmer's Market, the Grove, Pinks hot dog stand. Down the street and up the street Hollywood Boulevard, Sunset Strip and the Hollywood Bowl. What a deal this would have been for our budget except for NO pool and the ridiculous underground parking. No room safe either. Couldn't receive emails or faxes or staff wouldn't acknowledge either.

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor room along Genesis Street. Noise was not a problem.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2012

you are not going to get the glitz and glam of hollywood but u have the hop on hop off bus stop down the road which takes you around the whole city.. clean room.. nice staff....easy breakfast.. i think i would stay here again as it is so cheap

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple