“First night in California. On a busy Schedule.”

Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Ranked #34 of 358 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 6 December 2017

This was our first stop on a two week tour of the USA with Travelsphere. It was our first visit to the Western United States so expect a barrage of reviews as i put my comments on what we saw and did. Let me firstly say this hotel is very clean and tidy it is spacious the staff are friendly and charming and helpful.However it is i think for Business travellers rather than tourists and we were only here two nights. The room had a lovely view over the valley and was very comfortable and spacious. We did not eat at the hotel so i cannot comment on food,though a couple of our party did have breakfast in the hotel and they said it was pricey but fine. My only complaint about the hotel was it was somehow lacked any atmosphere and it was very soulless.I do not recall a bar or a nice lounge.We were very tired after 12 hours on a plane!. You could not fault it for what it was.

Room Tip: Higher floors would give a nicer view.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Francis C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear RogerJerseyCI,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We hope that you will still consider staying with us again in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I stayed here for my birthday and chose the location because it's a 30 minute drive to the beaches and because it was newly renovated. The check in process was very easy and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. We self parked in the garage and had no problems and felt safe at all times. Our room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The hotel looks very modern and just like the pictures. Will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Francis C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Glamris,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very pleased to know you had a great time during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back at our property.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

We took a bit of a leap choosing this business-oriented hotel for our pleasure trip to LA. Turned out to be a great choice.

The hotel has been renovated, so it's clean and modern looking inside. Nice lobby area with a bar/restaurant. Our room was equally nice, very clean and functional, lots of space, big king sized bed (as we requested). Bathroom was also clean and inviting. Service is friendly and prompt from the car valet, to check in to the house keeping staff.

While prices at other LA area hotels were sky rocketing due to the fast approaching Thanksgiving period, this Hilton was a bargain and great value. If you're a tourist then this location is a bit out of the way. It has easy access to the 101 freeway, but it's at the far western end of the San Fernando Valley so you'll definitely need a car to get around. There is a good selection of restaurants in the area, the Westfield Topanga mall is 2mins away and pretty much anything you might need is nearby. Self-parking is $19 USD/day and valet is $24 USD/day so we chose the latter. This is about par for LA, where parking everywhere is pricey.

Definitely recommend this great little find for your next stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear VeteranWorldTravellr,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We are very pleased to know you enjoyed the amenities as well as the service we had to offer during your stay. We will make sure to share your kind words with the whole team. We hope that you will come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I wrote this review once already. Then, out of the kindness of my heart, took it down after Director of Rooms Ned Abdallah promised a full refund. I've contacted him several times since, but it has not come.
In the early morning hours of 10/21/2017, my 77 year old widowed mother, was sleeping soundly in her room at this hotel. She was awakened by 3 staff members at her door. Having just been disturbed in such an unusual manner, she was disoriented and fearful as to why someone was at her door. Due to some confusion between hotels.com and the Hilton, the staff felt she should have checked out. However, her room was already prepaid for several more days. We actually were able to determine that they had at least 3 opportunities before this incident,to become aware of their confusion. Rather than call first, or take some other more civilized approach, they sent men to her door in the middle of the night. They demanded, entry into her room, quite aggressively in fact. She told them "I don't know who you are. You're scaring me. I'm not opening this door."
Their response was "You don't have to let us in. We have the key." And then they entered a scared senior citizen's room without her consent. This left her shaken and in tears, at times even well after the incident. Since my father's passing, it's a challenge for her to find the confidence to do things independently. She loves to travel, and thank goodness my wife and I were in the hotel as well, but this experience will remain with her.
In the aftermath, they were anything but conciliatory. Front desk staff, when they weren't explaining to us that we were somehow responsible for the confusion (I assure you, we were not) merely attempted to downplay the impact this had on my mother.
As this was the weekend, there wasn't a single person on the property who seemed to have the ability to do anything about this. Eventually I spoke with Mr. Abdallah, who said all the right things, and promised a full refund.
We gave ample time for that to occur. After about a month passed and it had not, I patiently spoke with Mr. Abdallah directly, once again. He assured me that he would see to it personally. It's been a couple more weeks and nothing.
I would encourage anyone considering booking this hotel to find anywhere else to stay. They have zero understanding of hospitality.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Scott S
Deepak M, General Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Good Morning Scott S,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and the series of event which led to further inconvenience. A full refund was processed by the hotel immediately and Expedia was supposed to refund your credit card fully as the booking was made through them. We came to knew from your correspondence again that this was not resolved by Expedia and Ned is personally following up to see that this is resolved to your satisfaction.

Our apologies once again for the inconvenience and I will personally follow up to resolve this.

Warm wishes,
Deepak

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I really enjoyed my four day stay in Woodland Hills. The hotel staff and the cleanliness of my room was spot on! The parking is a little bit expensive but it did not break the budget. At least my car was safe. I will definitely book this hotel again when I return to the valley of Los Angeles.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Francis C, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear TomicoJ,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.