I'm from NYC and was here for four nights on business. First of all... it's not fancy. But it's a HIE, so you can't expect fancy. However, I was really surprised by the layout and exact location. It's literally on the corner of the 405 exit ramp and Santa Monica Blvd. AN ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE DURING RUSH HOUR. It took me an hour to travel ONE MILE on Santa Monica Blvd to get back to the hotel on a Thursday at 6:00 pm and if you turn the corner too fast, you'll miss your only chance to pull into the parking garage, forcing you to have to go around the block and back onto Santa Monica to wait in another 15 minutes of traffic to get back into the garage. Pretty hellacious. I know this isn't the hotel's fault, but if you're going to be driving to/from around that time, you may want to consider elsewhere.
Also, the hotel looks like a parking garage that got converted into a hotel. The outside looks like a building, but the inside (walking to your room) is basically open/outdoors. It's very strange. It feels motel-ish and a bit unsecure. It really isn't unsafe, I suppose, but it just feels strange to technically be outside when you open the door to leave your room.
Unfortunately, I had a room whose windows face the 405 freeway. It was odd to be on the third floor and just see an endless line of cars. Nothing really pretty to look at, noisy during heavy traffic hours and if I had thought of it, I might have requested an inward-facing room, rather than outward.
Also, parking in the garage (which has the most convenient entrance to the hotel lobby, but gets locked after 9pm, charges $10 per day extra.
A few of the pros are that the rooms are clean and they serve some sort of free breakfast in the mornings on the patio/atrium/whatever it's called. You're basically sitting outdoors, surrounded by the hotel walls. I had no issues staying here, but next time I will probably request to stay elsewhere. The location wasn't very convenient for me and again... TRAFFIC IS A NIGHTMARE.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the Westside of Los Angeles, our new Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles welcomes visitors with extraordinary hospitality. Whether you're visiting for a corporate meeting or a family vacation, you will enjoy a stylish lodging experience with all the comforts of the home or office. Our ideal location also offers easy freeway access to all points of interest in the Greater Los Angeles Metro area. The Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles is an exquisite, well-appointed hotel within easy reach of many extraordinary attractions. Enjoy the Third Street Promenade and Santa Monica Pier, Rodeo Drive shopping in Beverly Hills, and the treasures of the Getty Center Museum all just a few minutes away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express West Los Angeles Hotel Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles
- Holiday Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Holiday Inn