All reviews free parking ucla campus great location continental breakfast within walking distance pancake machine apartment building parking is tight kitchen area santa monica comfortable beds rental car living room small hotel mini fridge definitely stay here again yogurt
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I traveled across the country and was grateful to be able to check in early. I stayed in 215 which is the largest (115 and 315 I’m sure is similar ) suite in the hotel. Rooms are irregularly shaped as per the hotel map. I would avoid rooms 114,214,314 very small. My suite was the size of a small apartment.
Kitchen, minimally equipped but adequate, eating area, sofa and tv, large updated bathroom and comfortable bedroom. Clean and had iron, room safe, and balcony with chairs. Breakfast is light continental but open all the time so you can use utensils, etc.
Sometimes you need a place to sleep in and other times a small home away from home. This is the place. Centrally located in Westwood Village. Excellent for UCLA parents and alum, walking to great restaurants (Skylight gardens) and shops. My son is in Brentwood- Santa Monica and this was close by and reasonable in price and I didn’t need to get on the traffic infested major highways to visit.
Parking is narrow, double parked and minimal but not terrible- normal for LA. Really a typical small boutique hotel, not fancy but clean, nice location and all you need for a home base.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank lorideeg
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed with my husband and little boy for about 10 nights. We initially only booked for 3 nights but was so in love with our room (suite) we kept on extending until after my surgery.

It’s really a great hotel. It exceeded all my husband and my expectation. Great location, very near UCLA so great for all those going for medical treatment (like me). There’s a couple of grocery shops nearby like Ralph’s and Trader Joe’s as well Target. Denny’s Diner is just beside the hotel too.

It’s very clean, the rooms, and quite spacious as well. The suite room we had was amazing. It even have an oven if we wanted to bake something. The room also comes complete with all the cooking and basic utensils needed so really good for long term stay.

I like how the suite room was configured because the bedroom was separate and there’s another area for the living room was, great for me while I was recovering after the surgery as my little boy and husband could be relaxing and watching tv but didn’t really disturbed me.

They also had complimentary continental breakfast which was great as my boy wakes up early and hungry.

The staff at the reception are very very helpful and they were always able to accommodate our needs, requests for extensions and even let us print some papers for free at the reception. One of the receptionist Shirl assisted my husband with my little boy when we came back after my surgery as my husband had his hands full with me. Thank you so much Shirl. Didn’t really get to thank her in person as she wasn’t on duty when we checked out a few days later.

All in all, we had a really great stay in the hotel and will definitely come back for sure whenever we are in LA. Couldn’t stay anywhere else after staying here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Mark B, Manager at Royal Palace Westwood, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you for letting us know that your stay exceeded all of your expectations. I will let Chyrl know that you said thanks and appreciated all of her help. Thank you for your business and we look forward to exceeding your expectations once again on your next visit to Los Angeles. Finally, best wishes on your recovery from your surgery.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

4 stars, almost five for:
fabulous location- everything in westwood is so walkable! great mattrasses , very clean. breakfast is fine and folks working here are soooo accomodating. not fancy but good size room with fridge, table and 4 chairs, wifi etc. would certainly stay here again!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Very clean room. Clean and modern bath. Comfortable beds. Standard breakfast bar sans hot food. Jasmine at the desk was very congenial and helpful. The location was the best! This is a great bargain. I don't like spending this much on a room but for the area it was inexpensive. Oh! Free parking!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2018

Having stayed next door ((Claremont) and being very disappointed,and needing to extend my stay in L.A., I looked into the adjacent hotel and was pleasantly surprised. Once I moved into my room and considered the hotel overall, my conclusion was this was by far the best hotel adjacent to Westwood Village with spacious, clean and well appointed rooms, friendly front desk service and a decent breakfast buffet. Plus it is in close proximity to all the Village restaurants,attractions,shops,etc. And free parking.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo