“Not the best, but certainly ok!!”

Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel
Ranked #141 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Mismaloya, Mexico
“Not the best, but certainly ok!!”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Why is it lobby hotels look so nice and the rooms are not?!!!

It is clean, the rooms look really old even on the club/executive level. If I were to be staying before or after a cruise, it is fine. Very convenient location for that and a couple blocks to the marina is a maritime museum and an Acapulco Mexican Chain restaurant. The actual city of San Pedro is pretty run down especially the main street with fast food, fuel, drugstores etc.
If you are there with a car, Long Beach is much nicer.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first. The air/heating unit in our room was so loud we did not get good rest...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank terrynkathy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
terrynkathy,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Ben J
IHG Care

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here for two nights pre cruise in January. We booked thru priceline and got a good rate and it was well worth what we paid for it. Rooms were clean and we found the staff very friendly and helpful. The restaurant served a very good breakfast and their evening mearls were reasonable. We would stay at this place again for a precruise.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank linric
San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 March 2012

So, I come out here for work on a regular basis and have always requested a special time of checking in at 8am and checking out 3pm same day. I've always booked the night before, as suggested by their front desk to do so, in order to ensure a room would be available. They've always been accommodating for my special request and I've stayed with them at least 4 times in the past year. I booked again for this month's trip and of course with the new management, they were going to charge me another $80.50 if I didn't check out by 1pm. Wow, really? That was ridiculous seeing how often I do stay there. They weren't even willing to look at my past reservations. Some of the worst customer service ever.

I called the double tree down the street and they were the best ever. I've stayed with them before and they girl over the phone even remembered me from a reservation I made 6 months ago. I told her about my situation and they were beyond helpful. Even though the double tree is a little farther from where I'd like to be, it's so much better than staying at the crowne plaza.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank MMS909
IHGCare, ihgcare at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear MMS909,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 March 2012

As others have said, this is a well kept, nicely located hotel for a pre-cruise overnight stay.
Was here on a priceline reservation for three rooms since I was taking children and grandchildren on a Disney cruise to Mexico.
When checking in we were informed that in order to get a room with two beds, an additional $10 fee was required beyond the priceline bid. I have NEVER before encountered a surcharge for a room with two beds and I travel on a priceline reservation all the time.
To use the computer in the business center required a $5 fee, even to print out a boarding pass. Again, a first.
Too bad such nice facilities are marred by fees that almost all hotels provide for free.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DavidPortland
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
DavidPortland,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
california
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Just stayed at the Crowne Plaza LA Harbor Hotel Feb. 17, 2012 with a "park n sail" package that includes a buffet breakfast, glass of wine at the bar and free shuttle to the ship and back with a secure parking for our car for the length of our cruise (up to 14 days and then they start fees) and our king non smoking room (sometimes we get upgraded to a suite). Reallly worth it. (Though I miss their cook to order eggs, I understand as prices are going up for everything.) It's so great to be so close to the pier, have pleasant and speedy service, wonderful accomodations (nice ammenities-comfortable bed with ample pillows, an aroma therapy sleep kit, that nice rounded shower rod that keeps your curtain clinging the tub and not you, nice little soaps and lotions to use so you don't have to unpack yours if you don't want.) and so far we always got a room with a view of the harbor lights at night and then a view of our cruise ship the next morning.
Another benefit of the location, is that there's a Rite Aid a few blocks up if you need to pick up something you forgot before setting sail (I believe that is Gaffey St). Also, several fast food places if you want to eat there or bring it back to the comfort of your room at night.
I also want to mention that the manager Allan Hernando went out of his way to help us with a special request for our friends traveling with us. We were really worried that it wouldn't work out but the manager, true to his word, made sure everything went as planned. I also want to thank Brenda at the front desk who caught the miscode on our reservation and rectified it and that she read the notes on our reservation so everything went smoothly. Kudos to all the staff. Thank you so much for making our stay the best! We'll be back in April!

Room Tip: See if you can get one with views of the harbor. I always ask for upper floors, away from the elevat...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Pacific Inn and Suites
Pacific Inn and Suites
#233 of 350 in Los Angeles
Best Western Los Angeles Worldport Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel? Share your experiences!