1,543 results
All reviews rooftop bar venice beach ocean view high bar santa monica stay in venice muscle beach abbot kinney perfect location boutique hotel valet parking cool hotel hotel guests homeless people babbo balcony skate
Reviewed 6 April 2016 via mobile

Excellent location for our grandsons skateboard adventure. The staff was excellent, especially Kriststen, Miguel, Joey. Family suite was spacious but should have had towels for at least four every night. Good restaurants nearby. "Seedy" but safe area.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2016

My experience at the Erwin Hotel.....

Front desk clerk Kristen was great! She smiled, made great eye contact and gave me a friendly verbal greeting. She was very helpful in getting me and my family checked into the hotel and answering any questions I had about the Hotel and the surrounding area. I cant remember the valet attendants name upon my arrival (Male/Shoulder length dark hair), who assisted me with my luggage and vehicle, who was also very helpful in answering questions I had about the area and locations I needed directions to. I was able to take some beautiful photos of the sunset on the rooftop lounge, which was suggested to me by one of the Hotel employees. My only complaints are, the ONE lobby elevator, which was used quit a bit, which caused us to use the stairwell on many occasions to get to and from our room. And the doors outside the rooms are either cut to short or way to thin...as we were awoken each time someone walked by talking! At times it was almost like they were right in the room with us. Other than that our stay was pretty enjoyable at the Erwin.... Thank you :)

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2016

The room is big? Yes. It is clean? Yes. It has a nice decoration? It is ok. That being said, it is not really worth it to pay so much for a single night. It is a normal hotel, people would go out at night and come making a lot of noise. You could hear everything! It has a nice rooftop bar but unless you make a reservation, you have to stand but there is no decent area to stand, it is just small! Same thing with restaurant, had to wait 1h30 for a table, finally gave up.
They don´t prioritize guest hotels, I did not feels welcome at all.

Room Tip: Make a reservation if you want to enjoy the rooftop at sunset and ask for a quieter room
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kat_Macau
Jeff C, General Manager at Hotel Erwin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

We appreciate your feedback on your stay. The rooftop bar on the weekends is very popular and as I am sure you saw we are working to expand the seating capacity. As you mention in your review we highly recommend making reservations.

We do offer priority seating to our hotel guests, but as our bar (currently) only has the capacity for 98 people, it can be difficult to accommodate all of our guests. We hope to have the expansion completed soon so that we can better serve our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and please know we are working to improve the experience of our guests.

Jeff Carpenter

Reviewed 2 April 2016

The location of the hotel is excellent. All the best of Venice Beach within seconds. Location at night a bit unsavory. Staff were excellent. Rooftop bar is opened to locals not just for hotel guests. Never got to use it as there was always a long wait and this is the reason we booked this hotel. Stayed in the junior suite (room 431) - zero water pressure - had to go to a friend's room to shower.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel have morning sun. Some rooms have balconies. Be sure to request that at time of booking.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2016

My husband and I wanted a little one night getaway for my birthday. From the moment we checked in we were great with kindness and smiles. Miguel at check-in was super helpful and an absolute pleasure! Our room was everything we hoped for. Great views, clean, decorated beautifully and fully stocked for a night of fun. The rooftop bar was great. Make a reservation if you want to see the sunset up there. Our room #614 had a perfect view so we just hung out on our balcony enjoying a complimentary bottle of champagne that that gave me for my birthday.
There are endless amounts of great restaurants and bars within walking distance.
There is not one thing we could find wrong with this establishment. We loved it so much that as soon as we got home we booked another stay!

Stayed: March 2016