“Great food but the atmosphere...”

Colombo's Italian Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Colombo's Italian Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,818 of 10,877 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hermosa Ave
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

The food was amazing! From the pasta, to the steak, to the desserts...it was all great and good value. We went 2 nights in a row we loved it so much. My one complaint woukd be that on the second night the live music was far too loud for the intimate layout. You couldn't hear the person across from you at some points. If this is fixed it'll be a perfect place to eat at!

Reviewed 2 July 2017

On a recommendation, my wife and I tried Colombo’s, it was a Friday evening. The bar area is sectioned off from the dinner area partially by a glass partition. We discovered the bar was packed by what was believed to be locals. Food was served at the bar area and we tried the clam chowder bowl, which was a good and it was accompanied with garlic cheese bread that could use some help on taste. It was a lively area, and the drinks were well made.

As to the dinner area, reservations are a must the day prior or you will not be seated in the small dinning area on arrival, especially, on a Friday.

One big issue. Parking is a real problem and finding a spot may take you up to a block away, because the parking for the restaurant is very limited to a dozen vehicles.

My recommendation if visiting would be to dine on a week day. Be advised the restaurant needs an internal face-lift, but it does have old charm.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

nice restaurant close to both Eagle Rocks and Glendale area.
good atmosphere, however in my opinion this restaurant is pretending to serve Italian dishes but is still pretty far to get it done. I'm not complaining about quality of food which was fairly good, simply the Penne al Fresco I gotta were not cooked very well.
price range on average level

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I don't think anything has been changed in this restaurant since it opened except the tablecloths...and I LOVE it!!!They do things the old fashioned way from the decor to the food they serve. Don't expect haute cuisine but more like your Aunt Connie would cook and you'll be thrilled.We went on jazz night and were very happy with all the performances.

Reviewed 1 November 2016

They have a happy hour and dinner specials. We enjoyed a glass of wine and had the steak and shrimp special which was perfect after a busy day. If you have energy left you can stay for good live music and a nightcap.