All reviews studio city universal studios whole foods breakfast buffet stay there again first floor bit dated hollywood blvd cereal
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 night with my family total of five. I guess you get what you pay for. The beds are so small and uncomfortable. They gave give me a room with two full size beds. My 12 year old twins stayed in one and my husband daughter of 8yrs and myself stayed in the other. The rooms do have a balcony but I was there to rest and be comfortable not to sit in a balcony. Breakfast is free next door at a sushi restaurant and they have cereal, bagels, coffee, orange juice, egg patties, and sausage patties. They do have a pool that closes at 8pm so we did not get a chance to use. I will not stay here again didn't get much sleep and visiting Universal Studios rest is needed.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Brenda Yadira T
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a no frills, clean basic hotel at a good price this hotel is for you. We had a few ants in the room but otherwise clean and comfortable. Breakfast is free and passable. Parking is free as well. Location is central to most of LA. Small pool for the kids.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marlos1
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stayed at the Mikado as a last minute arrangement for a family event in LA. They were courteous, helpful and accommodating. The rooms are plain, clean and contain (or offer to provide) anything one might need. It is neither fancy nor glitzy, but rather plain and well worth consideration if your needs take you to that area. My 5 star rating is based on the type of hotel it is and should not be construed as 5 star for what they do not claim to be.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Stay here every time we are in Los Angeles. Great room with free parking and breakfast. Good location! Nice outdoor swimming pool. Very helpful staff. Large rooms with nice bathroom. Call hotel directly to book your room. Good price, good value

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

My partner & I checked in for 1 night and what a night it was...
The lobby looks fairly welcoming but that’s where it stops.
Staff were friendly, checked us in and we were in a room on the ground floor away from the road which we were pleased about as it seemed quite noisy.

We went out for a few hours and returned around 6pm when it was obvious that the room upstairs had been occupied. We could hear every single move they made, to the point that we could hear their argument, beating and her sobbing. Whatever he was doing was shaking our room to the point I phoned front desk asking them to phone the police. His response was: “I’ll phone the room and ask them to keep it down.” That isn’t good enough, I wasn’t complaining about the noise as such but the welfare of the woman!
I phoned 911 myself and got the police there who turned up swiftly.

We went to reception and requested another room as they were both left there by the PD. We were moved to a room upstairs, facing the road but it was better than an arguing fighting couple.

Got up there with our cases and could hear every car drive past, the next door couples TV was as loud for us as it was for them and their conversation was as though it was ours. There was an adjoining door to the neighbours room which was thankfully locked however that didn’t help the noise.
Plug sockets were overloaded with adapters causing a fire hazard and not leaving any useable sockets for charging phones etc.

Rooms were very dated and the walls paper thin.

After a horrendous nights sleep we went for the complimentary breakfast which had no server, no staff at all! Food was gross with a limited selection.

Checked out and asked the receptionist to refund our stay and her response was the manager doesn’t work weekends. Well I’m sorry but you do and I’m stood in front of you now. She cancelled the incidentals deposit and gave me a receipt but said she’d pass it to the manager. My partner told her it was the worst hotel she’d ever stayed in and she didn’t seem to care.
2 days later I chased by email and they claimed everything was handled well and professionally but would refund 30% as a gesture of good will. Not good enough in my opinion but they’d already processed it.

Don’t stay here - there’s so many other places to stay, this is a dive.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple