“A mini city that is looking dated”

Los Angeles Airport Marriott
Ranked #66 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Brisbane, Australia
“A mini city that is looking dated”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I spent a night at the Marriott LAX in March prior to a flight to Hong Kong. On arrival the foyer area was chaotic and unfriendly. Check in seemed to take quite a long time but eventually things were sorted out. The room, why comfortable was very small with no easily accessible power points which was frustrating.

The room service and breakfast were very good. Staff were always helpful and the video checkout worked well. The king bed was fantastic. I chose the hotel because I was under the impression that the fitness centre also had a sauna which I find very relaxing after a long flight. There is no sauna anymore. There is a very nice heated pool and whirlpool but as it was raining quite heavily I didn't get to use them.

I have stayed at a few of the LAX hotels now and still believe that the Crowne Plaza is probably my favourite. The sleep quality in the early hours of the morning was not great - this hotel seems so busy people are coming and going all day and night and the room doors make quite a noise when closed.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Swannanoa
Reviewed 27 March 2012

On several occasions I have been flying long aul between New Zealand and Europe; stopping at LA and staying a night at the Marriott makes a HUGE difference to how I feel lat the end of my journey.

Marriott is quiet, well sited near the airport and the decor and fittings are conducive to relaxing well. Staff great.

Travelling long haul? Stop for night and get your feet up and Marriott will make it all OK.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank TutuSwannanoa
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This hotel is just ok. Parking is expensive and not readily available. Very crowded parking lot. It feels like Grand Central Station around there. Decent, big lobby with Starbucks, though. That was nice. Food is just ok. People are were nice and friendly. Gym is ok. BUT... if you need to be near the airport and that convenience is important to you, then go for it. They've stopped putting money in this place and it shows. Our bathroom ceiling was gross, messy-looking and discolored. And the bathrooms seemed super small to me. Again, just an OK place. No more, and no less. Not sure if I'd stay again unless it was critical that I be close to LAX.

Room Tip: Check your bathroom before you unpack.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TravelNatL
Savannah, GA
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Very accomodating staff (Without having to do it, they picked me up from the Hertz place as I decided not to get a rental). Some staff much nicer than others like above as well as he suggested cheaper alternative places to eat as well as mentioned the more expensive ones.
Breakfast bar was a big plus, but I do wish that they would either open it earlier (this is right next to the airport and we do have flights leaving very early) or allowed you to purchase a few breakfast items the night before.
Noise was an issue. However, I mentioned my allergies and the staff immediately put me in a PURE room with a HEPA filter. This was not only very kind of them to hook me up, but it helped block the noise. Also, central AC gave me access to turn up or down the fan.
Coffee - I wasn't impressed. I know we have to think about being green, but I need a to go cup with a lid and not just a mug. Then, I found out later that there's a coffee service down stairs after chugging the coffee down in 2 minutes. ;D Also, shame on you LA for pumping all of that "health conscious" information and so far, you don't even have Splenda much less Truvia. I have those in Georgia and we "always get things after California" according to you.
Gym - Ditto above! Small gym in a "health conscious" city/state!
Food - Again ditto. Provide more health conscious foods like a yogurt fruit smoothie and provide it so that I can purchase it at midnight even if I have to fly out at 4AM!
However, the staff was very helpful and polite and provided quick shuttle to/from airport and other destinations. One guy also gave the extra advice on places to eat cheap and places to eat when I had more time and guests.
Ask for the PURE room if you have any allergies at all. Also, check out the room view situation as my room was across from a building construction site gone awry.

Room Tip: Ask for the PURE room if you have any allergies at all. Also, check out the room view situation as m...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jaime W
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 March 2012

All was OK, room was comfy, nothing out of this world, a little pricy but the shuttle services, and complimentary breakfast and internet made up for that.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business