1,495 results
All reviews hi express one night free parking free breakfast rental car lax airport the shuttle driver an early flight yogurt next morning between flights would definitely stay here again breakfast room short stay coffee maker the room was nice beds were comfortable
Reviewed 2 October 2015 via mobile

Acceptable airport hotel. The room was quite and comfortable. We had a relaxing night after a long journey.

Soundproof and clean room. Close from the airport and facilities..............

Equipment okay

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David V
Reviewed 2 October 2015

As we were arriving late in evening I booked the Holiday Inn Express as it was close to airport, it was also very close to the Alamo car rental. On arrival we were booked in quickly and efficiently, room was clean and had everything we needed after a long flight. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice, if I had one negative comment I would have to say I didn't like the plastic plates and knifes and forks. I would definite recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank rwwoo
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Check in was pleasant. You have to call the hotel to notify them to pick you up at LAX which is reasonable. They arrived to pick up in a reasonable period. They gave me a room on the second floor, as I requested a low floor. Breakfast starts at 6:30 am, which is not unreasonable, but my flight the next day was too early to eat there. There is a McDonald's right across the street but I was verbally accosted by a crazy person when I walked over there early in the evening. That has nothing to do with the hotel but just info to always keep on your toes. The room was clean and acceptable. Somewhat noisy for sleep. The other interesting thing that happened was the shuttle driver caught a person claiming to be staying in the hotel who was not really staying there trying to get a free ride to the airport. The driver was professional about it but saw him walk up out of nowhere and asked him to come into the lobby and speak with the manager to straighten it out, which he would not. Amusing!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quietest side of the hotel if there is one for better sleep quality.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2015

Dear Michael S,

Thank you for posting a review and for staying with us. We appreciate the high rating you gave to our staff service and location. However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectations regarding the breakfast hours of operation. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Christian C.

Reviewed 27 September 2015

We stayed two nights while visiting LA. The property was one of the cheapest quality locations we could find within close proximity to Marina Del Ray, Santa Monica, and Hollywood. The front desk staff were very friendly and the breakfast was pretty good.

On the negative side, parking (while free) is a problem. There isn't enough parking for everyone in the hotel so you might have to get creative if you come back late in the evening. Also, the spaces in the surface lot are too narrow so you basically have to let any passengers out and then squeeze in. Also, our room had a musty smell to it. We thought it would go away after running the A/C but it stuck around for the full two days.

We would consider staying here again but it would probably be as a money saving option.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller_from_GA
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2015

Dear Traveller_from_GA,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am very pleased to read that you regarded our location, breakfast selections to be good, front desk staff to be very friendly and accommodation to be good quality for the price. However, it is regrettable that the issues encountered with the limited parking spaces and issues regarding the musty smell in your room prevented you from fully enjoying your stay. Please know that this is not the standards that we aim for, nor that which we normally achieve. Your feedback regarding this is highly appreciated as this is our best resource for improvements and achieving superior guest satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again in the future and hopefully you’ll see the improvements made.

Dianne L.

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Holiday Inn LAX offers free shuttle from LAX to the hotel and takes you back to the airport when you check out. The commute was less than 15 minutes. Their room was comfortable and bright with big window. However, when I first checked in to my room, I walked into a mess, it was a room that wasn't made at all. I had to call front desk for them to give me another room. Staffs were helpful and friendly, but after a long flight from Asia, this is the last thing that I needed. They gave me a new room and it was fine, breakfast was continental style. With the incident, I still wouldn't mind staying here again if I am staying over LA for one night.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Astrawhatandahalf
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2015

Dear Cathycat H,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is nice to know that you were able to appreciate our shuttle service, the overall condition of our room, and the service provided by our staff. However, I regret to see that you had some issues with your first room during your stay. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused you. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,