“The most comfort bed ever”

The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
Ranked #51 of 352 Hotels in Los Angeles
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 November 2012

No wonder if the hotel view all number one products they used to conford us asn a guest, feel like dont want to get down from our bed, 100..% linen bed sheet, so soft , clean and smell so good, defenately will be back or looking for other Westin in my country, wouldnt be the same ? I hope so.

We suppose to go out for sigh seeing and have dinner out there but bcos of such comford bed room, we just having dinner at the food court in the hotel, they have minimarket, fruits store and express chinese restaurant which have so many choice of food, so our trip is so completed after few day up and down between meeting and sport show, we deserve to relax in Westin the most comford bed ever

Room Tip: I higher floors have less noise
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 9 November 2012

My husband was recently attending the AHA conference in LA and we had a great stay at the Westin Bonaventure. Check-in was a little bumpy with so many people checking in at the same time. There were 20,000 people in LA for the conference and so many people were checking in to the Hotel and they only had 3 people behind the desk and the rooms weren't ready, so we had to wait in line again to get the key. They also didn't tell us that WiFi was complimentary until the 3rd day when I called down and asked, the person said I should have been told at Check-In. That was disappointing The in room amenities were great. We had to call the front desk to get a razor because my husband forgot his at home. The beds were VERY comfortable. The cleaning was done daily around lunch time so it was perfect timing. Overall, a good stay, but check-in could have been smoother for such a busy day.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Pricelined 4 star hotel night before Ducks & Trojan Game. This is a landmark hotel having last stayed here in the 1980's. Cylinder Towers, central atrium, glass elevators. The Westin Bonaventure was upgraded recently, comfortable room, Heavenly Bed* and downtown views. Front desk offered my teenage son free internet, his code did not work on my device.
Unfortunately, room location was the Priceline Special next to an elevator and across from the ice machine. Being a Starwood Member did not help with room choice.
Exceedingly paper thin walls, we could hear our neighbors (a family) conversations word for word. Garage valet very helpful, street valet/doorman useless. Doorman gave me wrong price regarding cab fare or hotel car to the USC Colesium 3 miles away. No one told us about public transportation to the stadium... $1.50. Thankfully Stan & Stephanie overheard our conversation and clued us in on the Metro.
Overnight parking spendy @ $38.00 but worth it not to fight the parking issue at the USC Coliseum where parking can be as high as $40.00 if street parking is not available... Students making a living.
LA Live, Staples, Financial District and the Endeavor all within walking distance or first few metro stops.

Room Tip: Away from elevator & ice machine, higher floor for view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank WhatIKnow
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Attended a conference in Los Angeles recently and enjoyed my stay at the Westin Bonaventure very much. Loved the city view from my room, because the towers are round providing a much better view. Westin quality and service throughout the hotel, with great restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Options for fine dining or lighter fare.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room if you want a great view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stayed 2 nights for a business meeting that was being held during the front end of a 20 000 attendee professional association meeting. Let me run thru my experiences.

1) check-in: efficient and very professional. I waited only about 5 min in line.

2) the room: as I went from the lobby to the glass elevator, it was readily apparent that the hotel typifies the bare concrete, steel, and glass design that was popular in the 1970's. Entering the room itself, I noted that carpet looked fairly new, and to room decor was up to date. I did not use wifi as I was working with some huge documents and wanted to maximize my connection speed so just opted to use in in-room LAN cable. It was then that I noticed an annoying weakness in the room design--a lack of electric outlets at the desk area. All available outlets were behind the TV stand and occupied by the coffee maker, desk lamp, TV, room minifridge. I had to unplug the coffee maker in order to charge my laptop and cell phones. This design flaw was probably a carryover from its original 1970's design (pre-laptops). The bathroom was a typical 4 star hotel bathroom. I should note that an attempt to decorate the bath with a miniglass bowl filled with stones and plastic plants did not work as the plants were quite dusty.The room location was on 10th floor room that directly overlooked the glass atrium lobby, which meant that any festivities below went directly into the room. Fortunately for me, I am not a light sleeper. Also, the walls were on the thin side, as I could clearly hear my neighbor use their hairdryer.

3) room service: I utilized room service once for breakfast. Food arrived on-time and as expected. Service was professional.

4) hotel location in LA: I had meetings at other hotels in the area, such as the Biltmore, so it was quite convenient in that regard, not having to take a cab. As noted by some others, however, the area seems hit hard by the economy with quite a few vacant store fronts. Also, as I had been outside walking from meeting to meeting on a Sunday, I noticed that a lot of the restaurants, and even Starbucks, were closed.

Overall, the hotel served me well in terms of providing a convenient, safe, and comfortable place to conduct a business meeting. The ambience, as well as what was in the immediate area, however, would make me think twice about vacationing here.

Room Tip: request a higher floor level than 10
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business