The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$135
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$193
US$261
US$235
US$624
US$497
  • Pool
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$147
  • Restaurant
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
US$451
US$245
US$319
US$279
3,014 results
All reviewsdowntown larevolving loungetrue liesred towerheavenly bedhuge hotelfloor to ceiling windowsstarbucks coffeetop floorroom servicethe financial districtvalet parkingdowntown locationconvention centerstaples centerlobby barper night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Loved my 2 night stay at the Westin Bonaventure hotel. I truly enjoyed cocktails and dinner in the rooftop restaurant. The hotel wasn't a far drive for me to visit Hollywood Blvd either. Overall, I had a restful stay at the Bonaventure and can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Czarcinski, General Manager at The Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

We are so glad you chose to stay at The Westin Bonaventure in Los Angeles California. You are right we are close to Hollywood, The Disney Theatre, LA Live and the Theatre district. Thank you so much we look forward to your returm.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

This was definitely one of the more interesting hotels I've stayed at for business. Four towers with different colour names go to different "wings" of the hotel.
First the lobby - very big and basically goes around in a large circle which made it a little challenging to meet with business associates but I managed. Plenty of seating which was good.
Room - It was fine, clean, bed was comfortable however the room itself was quite small which doesn't tend to bother me except that there was a door to an adjoining room hence it felt a little intimate being able to hear someone russling about on the other side. I was however annoyed about the card swipe into the room (which is amusing seeing someone else comment on this.) After checking in, I had to return to the reception as my cards didn't work to get into the room and to get them re-magnetized..... lo and behold, they still didn't work when I returned and after trying them again and again, finally managed to get the door open. Every time I returned I would have to swipe 15-20 times to get the card to register (and I stay at hotels regularly hence am not unfamiliar with how these work!) They need to look at fixing this as it's frustrating.
One very positive note, after finally going to get some dinner at around 9pm I decided to eat in the lobby bar and had an amazing prawn fajita....great value too.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel_Bea_2010

Thank you for your review. Being located in the heart of Los Angeles is great for business and we are close to the Theatre district, Dodger Stadium and LA Live. We appreciate your comments. We probably checked the door lock, if time permits wrtite to labon@westin.com with your room number and we will double check. Thank you again and yes you are right the food here is quite tasty. If time permits on you next trip try LA Prime or the rotating Bona Vista Lounge.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

stayed here on a business trip and although it does not have much 'atmosphere" going on, the hotel itself is impeccable

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2012

A "good enough" business hotel in downtown LA. I'm not impressed by the movies that were filmed here, I don't care much about "signature scents" or "heavenly beds"...my ratings are solely based on a pass/fail system involving the following criteria.

Comfortable, clean, bed - pass.
Good sized, spotless bathroom - pass
Free wifi with good connectivity - epic fail
Relatively quiet - pass
Being able to get into my room with my keycard - epic fail. I was in two rooms here and had issues with the keycard in both.
Lack of glass elevators which scare the crap out of me - fail
Relatively helpful staffers if I have an issue - pass
Decent eating choices - big pass! (just skip all the other restaurants and eat all your meals at the Health Winner & thank me later)

I had big problems with wifi (not free btw - WTF?). My original room had a bad signal and the response was "well, you can connect in the lobby". After I pointed out that I really didn't went to be spending all night in the lobby reviewing my presentation + the sight of me in my PJ's would drive customers away, they moved me to a different room.

If you have a fear of heights or glass elevators this hotel will give you palpitations. Otherwise, there are lots of small take out places here to get a cheap, healthy to go meal which I like. And there's a liquor store - woohoo!

It's a good place to stay if you're in the area.

Room Tip: If you need wifi, ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

Thanks for the review and choosing the Westin Bonaventure in Downtown Los Angeles.If time permits send your room number to labon@westin.com with the note Wi Fi connectivity and key lock we will check signal there. We just doubled our routers that should fix the issue but we want to double check. Thank you again for your review. We will also double check the key lock.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel to catch a Laker game, location is a ~15 min walk to Staples.

Overall great hotel, good location, clean lobby, clean rooms. If you get a room with a view, that's also a plus. Only downside is paying for parking and paid internet access in the room is pretty slow.

• Stayed: December 2011

Thank you for the review. We appreciate that you stayed at The Westin Bonaventure in Downtown Los Angeles. The Lakers are close by and Dodgers Stadium is a mile away. Thank you again.