“No better location or venue in the LA area for your events”

Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel
Ranked #16 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Woodland Hills, California, United States
“No better location or venue in the LA area for your events”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Our organization has been hosting almost monthly community events for the last 4 years. While we occasionally use other venues, our organization as well as our guests overwhelmingly prefer the Luxe Hotel Sunset. From the first contact to arrange the event, to driving up to the valet and the staff helping with your event, everything is perfection. After our first event, the staff almost intuits your needs. The venue is gorgeous. The acoustics is excellent - whatever you need they can make happen. From small events of 50 to 450, the service is great. Guests can have dinner or drinks before or after. When we have speakers come in from out of town, we always put them up at the Luxe and they love it. It is centrally located and easy to get to. We have never been disappointed and enthusiastically recommend the Luxe Hotel Sunset.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Doris M
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Dear Doris,

Thank you so much for recognizing the efforts of our Special Events department headed up by Judith Feldman. We have a wonderful team who truly partners with clients to ensure smooth running, successful events. We appreciate your return business and your endorsement of what we do every day to make a memorable impact on guests and patrons alike.

Reg Archambault

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
New York
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This hotel is in a great location, nice staff, good food...but construction around the hotel means a 5-mile detour after 10pm, they didn't have the king-sized bed available that we reserved and the sliding doors let in truck noise from the 405 all night long.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the second building (if you get stuck there, avoid the room over the gym which vibrates...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear columbuscirclenyc,

I appreciate your comments regarding your visit last week and am happy to report that the night time closures of the bridge and on ramps have been stopped as the required work is complete. The entire Sunset Boulevard portion of the I-405 widening will be completed on or before August 1, 2012. I am sincerely sorry that you were affected by this and assure you and others that we will continue to work closely with the officials involved to minimize the inconvenience to our guests and patrons.

Reviewed 10 February 2012

This is a great location in the West LA area. Despite all the 405 construction going on near Sunset, we didn't hear any traffic or construction noise. Unfortunately, the walls are thin (like all hotels) so you will hear other guests but otherwise, this was a decent stay and not too badly priced considering the area. The room itself is very clean, modern, and well-furnished.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank emileeetravels
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear emileetravels,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently. We do offer excellent value on our rates with a very competitive product here in West LA. The I-405 construction project nearest to hotel is complete and works are underway to finish the Sunset Boulevard bridge this summer. I hope you continue to make us your Los Angeles address and I am sure you will see continued improvements around and within our property in the months to come.

Best Regards.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 7 February 2012

A regular visitor of LA, i was booked at the Luxe because the usual hotel i stay in was fully booked. The hotel was nice. Lots of greenery, nice pool, nice spa and nice spacious rooms.

During my 18 day stay at the hotel, below is a list of the misadventures i had:
- Hair in bathroom and bath tub at time of check in. It was still there even after i complained
- Shortage of toilet paper, shower gel, soap etc..
- I was opting for the green option of not changing my bed sheets daily, but everytime i got into bed, i would find fallen hair of mine, cereal i had dropped etc.. they were just covering the bed and not even dusting it
- i was staying in a room with a connecting door where i could hear what the couple was saying, watching, drinking (i could smell the coffee!!). After asking management to try and keep the room empty (i was suffering from a severe jetlag and desperately needed my sleep), i was surprised to find another couple being checked in there
- Housekeeping talking loudly to each other at crazy early hours..i'm talking 5-6 am!!
- Receiving an opened half eaten jar of mayo with my room service meal (meal was dropped from my bill)
- My stuff were not being fixed or placed in their place..everything was left the way it was.

After several complaints to front desk, the manager finally gave me a call. He addressed the matter graciously, offered to change my room (even had his staff move all my stuff) and profusely apologized.

Also worth mentioning that during the room shift, my laundry bag went missing (later recovered) as well as my laptop case.

Also beware that this hotel does not have its own parking and charges 25$/night. Because of the long duration of my stay, i managed to bring it down to 18$/night. Valet were super friendly and helpful.

Eventhough i would love to go back to this hotel because of the hotel itself as well as its location (yes there are road works happening but it's no big deal - access to hotel is open from all sides), because of housekeeping, i am hoping i won't need to again.

Room Tip: If you are planning on sleeping well, make sure you don't get a connecting room.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank joellehaddad
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear Ms. Haddad,

I appreciate the points you make in your review regarding our setting and facility and as you are a frequent visitor to Los Angeles, we would like to earn your business and become your hotel of choice. We are generally known for attention to detail and cleanliness in Housekeeping. Since your experience was far from what you should expect, I will review every point with our Executive Housekeeper and the staff assigned to clean your room daily. I have already spoken to our Chef and personally inspected our condiment selection completely to ensure it is not compromised in any way. I can honestly say that this type of thing has never happened at this hotel in my experience and will not reoccur.

I assure you that any shortfall you encountered will be addressed and corrected. Please feel free to contact me directly if I may be of future assistance. I hope to welcome you back and provide the type of service and cleanliness you deserve.

new york, new york
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Second time we have stayed at the Luxe and have enjoyed both experiences - large, well equipped rooms with excellent bedding - particulralry good deals for the Jr. Exec Suite which we got at an excellent price from Expedia/Hotels.com weeks after we originally booked thru hotel web sites - which will generally match lower rates - two sections to the hotel and we have found the spa section with pool facing rooms to be the best - quieter, spacious with balconies - excellent staff - located a bit out of the busier areas of LA but if you have a car it is within short driving distance to Brentwood, Santa Monica, Westwood (UCLA), Bel Air and not much longer to Venice, Hollywood, W. LA - also right off of the 405 which when not in rush hour gets you to the valley, downtown and connects to the 10 towards the beach, Venice and LAX very easily - would recommend for any type of traveler but car is really important (probably true in most of LA) - lounge and restaurant could be improved

Room Tip: as above - spa section, facing the pool and Jr. executive suite if a couple or family - for relative...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nypoppa
LuxeGM, General Manager at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Dear nypoppa,

I appreciate your observations about Luxe Sunset Boulevard very much. Our location and price are indeed two keys to what makes us so attractive along with personal service. As you noted, when we offer specials, we always honor the lowest price regardless of when you book your reservation. I recommend you always book directly with us to ensure you get your desired room type, location and price.

We hope to see you when you next return to Los Angeles.

Best Regards,