See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2018

Stayed in room #413 on Wed, Sept 5th. Went for a nice dinner at Perch Restaurant and got in around 130am. Around 230am, my gf got up to turn down the a/c. She woke me up when I heard her scream..."there is a bug on my pillow". When she turned on the lights, we proceeded to kill 10 bed bugs. When we squeezed them, blood would come gushing out. I went down and talked to the front desk clerk and he said he couldn't refund me but would have the manager contact me in the morning. He offered to have us change rooms but we decided to check out at 325am. No call from the manager in the morning. I called and left a voice mail and no response. I emailed the hotel and no response. So instead of me going to LA to feast, we were the main course for the bugs at the Kawada Hotel!!

Room tip: Don't stay here unless you want your blood sucked!!
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank ziggggzzzz
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

We liked their renewed room. The bad was super comfy and we liked the room. The shower was not new but still nice. The pillow cases and towels were clean. One block behind the grand market. You are able to eat lots of delicious things while you are staying there

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deniz Hazal K
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Don't put too much into what the others are saying. Stayed here with 5 friends and found the room regular size to any other hotel. No one came in unexpected.
Yes the shower is lower in height, but still useable.
Those that are expecting the biltmore Hotel fancy rich style, this is not your place. For any traveller that needs a place to stay, this is a great place.
You are in downtown Japan town, which we toured and loved.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank valentinesc
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Located in downtown la, it felt really unsafe walking around, the hotel itself has 1 lift, the rooms are very small two people with large suitcases is not practical. The beds are also quite short. I wouldn't suggest staying here for your first time or a long time

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank crystalmariep
Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Great Hotel. This isn't a place for large people because the rooms are small. Very small. If you could deal with smaller rooms, then this is a great location to stay. The rooms look great, in nice modern overtone in the room. The view was great for us because we had one of the front rooms, although the headboard block most of the view. The place was clean and the staff was very friendly. The valet parking was a little pricey, but the valet was on his job. He did a great job as we were in and out of the hotel all night. Great places to eat around there like Grand Central Market, and all the cultural venues you could want. All around A great experience.

Date of stay: June 2018