2,524 results
All reviews bre smith cabana room spare room library bar tropicana bar director of guest relations public kitchen pool parties marilyn monroe chinese theatre film festival pool area academy awards king suite our honeymoon amazing hotel mini bar
Reviewed 18 May 2016

I've visited LA and surrounding areas more times than I can count and I've stayed ALL OVER town. This was hands down the BEST stay I've every experienced. The staff was amazing, the hotel itself is beautiful! It's close to everything we wanted to see. The valet took great care of our rental car. The food and drinks were totally on point. The tiny hidden bar tucked away from the lobby quickly became one of my favorites in the world. We will never stay anywhere else when we need a hotel in LA!!!!

Room Tip: King Suite was BEYOND expectations
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Bre S, Director of Guest Relations at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Blair,

What an INCREDIBLE review! Thank you!!! It makes me so happy to hear when guests leave here with the kind of excitement that you display for our property. The Library Bar really is a one of a kind establishment, and I'm so glad that you got to experience it. Anytime you're back in LA, which sounds like it won't be in too long, please reach out and ask for me. I would like to personally make sure that your excitement only grows as we see you more and more often.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

We chose this hotel close to Magic Castle. Hollywood Stars Walk of fame right outside the door for blocks and blocks. Hotel staff very nice. Average age 30. Old landmark We prefer a more modern hotel but will say clean. And nice staff. 25 degrees restaurant a good option for diner delicious food.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Sharon,

Thank you for leaving this review, we really appreciate you taking the time to do so. We are certainly a historical hotel, but we have renovated and kept up with the times in a way that we are still able to compete with more modern properties. I will pass on your kind words to our staff, I'm sure they will be happy to hear that their efforts were well-received. If you ever plan to stay with us again, please reach out and ask to speak with me so that I can help with your reservation. I'm sure we can show you how we are much more than just a landmark.

All the best,

Reviewed 17 May 2016

The service was excellent, everyone was friendly and always asked if we needed anything further. You can't beat the location, almost directly across from the Chinese Theatre, right along the Walk of Fame. It's easy to grab and Uber or one of the staff can grab you a cab whenever you like. The pool area is beautiful and relaxing.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Beth,

I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you, I really appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. We love our pool area, and I'm happy to hear that you did as well. Anytime you plan to book with us again in the future, please reach out and ask to speak. I would love to help craft your next reservation, making sure your next stay is just as good if not better than this last one.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

Wonderful rooms , awesome location, historical . Lovely pool with all the bells and whistles. We enjoyed the dinning experience, we felt like royalty with the fabulous service. This is great for a romantic trip or a family , friends or solo.

Room Tip: the cabana rooms are great
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Bre S, Director of Guest Relations at The Hollywood Roosevelt, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2016

Patti,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this wonderful review, we really appreciate it. I'm so glad that your stay with us went so well. We pride ourselves on our service, and if you felt like royalty, then I know we're doing exactly what we set out to do. We hope to see you again soon. For help with any future reservations feel free to reach out and speak with me directly so I can assure your next stay went as perfectly as this past one.

Reviewed 11 May 2016

Seven years ago, I attended my first TCM Classic Film Festival, and stayed at the Hollywood Roosevelt, which is "headquarters" for this four-day festival. The history (one of the ballrooms here is the site of the very first Academy Awards in 1927, and Marilyn Monroe had some risque early photos taken by the gorgeous pool), the lovely staff, the beautiful lobby areas and hidden-in-the-corner little bar areas are wonderful. I love the ambient lighting, the ambience, and the occasional celebrity sighting! We ran into Elliott Gould last week when we were there. :)

Room Tip: If you plan to spend time at the pool, ask for one of the cabana-style rooms adjacent to the pool to avoid an elevator trip.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Jen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We love hosting the TCM festival, and we love our TCM guests. We can't wait to see you again for your 8th year! Swing by the front desk the next time you come in and ask for me, I would love to come say hello.

All the best,