“Good value and gentle staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway

Rodeway Inn & Suites Pacific Coast Highway
Ranked #78 of 347 Hotels in Los Angeles
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Good value and gentle staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Good choice at the Harbor City area. Staff was very gentle and the manager gave us great assistance. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Good price!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Luiz M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

Clean, quiet, confortable, very good price. Staff is very, very gentle and efficient.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank LOA303374
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

I've got to say, sometimes I think I live on a different planet. I found this place very pleasant. I had none of the unpleasant experiences a few other reviewers did. Or maybe it's improved a lot since then.
I needed to be in Long Beach @ 2PM for my check-in to my overnight yacht stay. I have a terrible time getting out of my house. so stayng someplace nearby LB with an 11AM check out time is the best way for me. I used my Choice Hotels website and located this little hideout which is actually in Harbor City, Just south of Torrance. The in-room (meaning in the living area) jacuzzi was the selling point. I have had other Choice hotels with this option and it is a little bit of heaven. I got off the 710 Freeway @ PCH thinking I would check out the dining/shopping options along the way. This is an area around the Port of LA so it is somewhat industrial/small town along the way. The Inn itself is in a nice enough area (actually quieter than I thought it would be) well kept and well lit. When I walked into the room, I was taken aback a little by the sparseness. There are no bedside lamps. The trick is, all the lighting is in the ceiling. Bedside switches turn on nice overhead lighting. The electronic key card goes into a reader in the wall & accesses all lighting, you control the off/on for each light. This is great for me, because I consistently lay the key down and can never remember where I left it last. When you leave you pull the card out and a timer shuts all the lights off. When you return the key goes back into the reader and immediately you have light. Slick. The room itself was spacious enough (obviously uncluttered) and clean. After soaking myself till I was a noodle, I slipped in between the nicest, softest, crisply pressed sheets ever & crashed out.
I thought I would drive into Redondo for some food & to buy a bottle of wine. Not 5-10 minutes north there is a gigantic shopping area which turned out to be Torrance. It was perfect-Trader Joe's, CVS, etc. Stopped by Macaroni Grill for some take out. Found a lively Happy Hour and ended up staying for Honor Bar Chianti & ended up eating there. Met some wonderful people and had an enjoyable visit. One of the long-time bar tenders was having a Birthday so the bar was filled with regulars & well wishers. Couldn't complain about a thing. Inn, food, shopping. Goes to show you never know what you will find when your not looking.

Room Tip: Mine was an end room, so not a lot of foot traffic. I take it back, there was one little thing, I w...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Room was small but nice & clean. Great shower, nice marble bathroom. Walls were thin...traffic outside was loud and sound of shower running in other rooms kinda shook our walls....but we still managed to sleep like rocks for two nights which was what we needed. Internet connection was rocking too, which is also a necessity for us (we travel for a living). Nice folks.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

We booked the motel as it has a lot of good reviews on tripadvisor, however we were a bit disappointed during our stay.

First of all, the room had a distinctive urine smell that we couldn't get rid of. And the double beds were more like king singles - prior to Rodeway we had also stayed at different low budget motels/hotels in the US but the beds were all bigger. The breakfast wasn't that great, we got a danish and the coffee was.. errr.. not like coffee - but I suppose we can't really complain as the breakfast was complimentary.

The worst part of our stay is that I woke up with lots of bites on my limbs on the last day. The motel manager seemed to think that it was some sort of allergy but if it was, the red dots would have covered my whole body (I only got them on fingers, arms and legs). I do have to make it clear that I don't know if this was Rodeway's fault, I mean the bugs might have been hiding in my luggage so they could be from the last hotel. The manager was concerned enough about my well-being, and advised me to get some medicine from a local pharmacy store.

Good things about Rodeway. Well, it is close to a petrol station and a few fast food restaurants. It is on a big road so not hard to find (having a GPS in LA is a must). Strong fast free wi-fi. The staff are definitely very friendly and helpful. For the price we pay, this wasn't a bad choice.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends