“The only reason I gave it a TERRIBLE rating is because there isnt an option for SUPER TERRIBLE!!!!!”
Review of Century Wilshire

Century Wilshire
and 1 more site!
Century Wilshire
Ranked #291 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I'm normally a person that finds the silver lining in every cloud, but I literally have not one good thing to say about this hotel! SUPER HORRIBLE Customer service. Dirty, old, smelly rooms... I swear I felt like I was spending the night in the projects!!!! Extremely hard mattresses that didn't even have fitted sheets on them. When we asked for more towels, they told us their limit was two towels.... TWO FREAKING TOWELS!!!!! When the air broke in the room, we requested another room and the front desk rep LIED and said there were no more rooms available. Two seconds later I called the front desk as an anonymous caller and requested a room and the same butt hole told me there were plenty available. No matter what I write in this review, it would not begin to describe the horrible experience my friends and I had at this place. If there was an option to rate it a -10 I would!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
9 Thank LynnRN504

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 June 2006

There is something wrong with this hotel. There is a scary, unsafe, dark vibe that comes from within the rooms and hallways. I seriously felt unsafe in this hotel even though I was with my entire family. Someone tried to enter our room at 3:00 in the morning and eery creeking doors were heard in the hallway but without voices and footsteps. Thinking about it still, I get shivers down my back. If you like a good scare...stay here. If not- stay some where, any where else!!! and I believe the management is responsible for all the theft.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 April 2006

We've just returned from a trip to L.A. and two nights at this hotel . We were scheduled to stay five nights but started making arrangements for other accomodations soon after check in ( we were told there were no other rooms ) .
Our carpet had multiple dark brown stains and the kitchen floor was sticky . The phone didn't work , the shower curtain was mildewed and the place was generally in disrepair . The hollow wooden doors provided no security . The courtyard area has some faded charm and the breakfast was O.K. The pool area seemed a little creepy and the pool isn't heated at all. The staff seemed friendly except when we wanted to move . There are much better hotels at slightly higher prices in this
area .

• Stayed March 2006
5 Thank gutzler
Brockton,Ma.
Reviewed 1 February 2006

We always stay at the Century Wilshire when we go to Los Angeles every year. Ken at the front desk is very accomodating and usually upgrades us to a suite when it is available. This time was no exception. Thanks to Ken we were very happy with our stay. Everyone is very friendly here and aim to please. The continental breakfast is ample and very good. You can sit inside or outside in a garden setting. The lobby is very inviting with the fragrance of fresh flowers and plants. The rates are very reasonable for the excellent location on beautiful Wilshire Boulevard within walking distance of Westwood Village. To top it off the parking is free, making this an excellent bargain.

• Stayed February 2006
4 Thank HDW9
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 December 2005

I stayed here a few years ago and returned because I remembered it being sort of charming and "old LA." Evidently they haven't done any maintenance since then. My room was in terrible disrepair. I wore my flip flops every minute I was in the room (something I've never felt the need to do before), including the grimy shower, because it just seemed so dirty. The rooms have no modern security. The windows are drafty, and if you get a room near Wilshire Blvd the noise is relentless (I had to use earplugs). The furniture is falling apart and there wasn't even a clock. The lobby is beautifully polished but reminiscent of a funeral home, particularly because of the dark wood and the overpowering, sickeningly sweet flowers everywhere. This place is, in my opinion, overdue to be razed and replaced with a high rise like the ones flanking it. The grounds do remain beautiful, the parking is free and Westwood is only a short stroll away. It's in an excellent location.

• Stayed December 2005