All reviews ballona wetlands culver blvd free bikes egg casserole jacuzzi tub freshly baked cookies marina view room personalized note bed and breakfast gas fireplace living room santa monica b and b manhattan beach beach towels other guests yogurt
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I can't recommend this place enough. The service, the size of the rooms, the ambience, the location. All were perfect for a little get-away. Cookies were waiting for us in our room, the doors and windows of the veranda downstairs are open, bright and breezy. Tea and snacks are available throughout the day, breakfast in morning was great. The Grand View Suite is a lovely room with it's own porch overlooking the Bologna Wetlands -- you feel removed from the hustle and bustle of LA. Truly lovely.

Room Tip: great ambience, large rooms, amazing service
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Liz H, General Manager at Inn at Playa Del Rey, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Hi Matt T - we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Inn and that you loved our view of the Ballona Wetlands as much as we do! Today we saw several Great Blue Herons during our Wine & Cheese hour and just last week, a hawk visited and sat on our back porch - he was beautiful! We hope you'll come back and visit the Inn soon - homemade chocolate chips cookies will be waiting!

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I am torn on this hotel. The service is top notch, its so easy to get in and out, park etc. The breakfast is yummy, not just a continental, but actual protein packed eggs involved. The rooms themselves are well maintained and designed in a very relaxing coastal way. Problem is, I was on the first floor and could not fall asleep. I could hear everything in the kitchen/office and hallway and even my neighbors cell phone vibrating. I actually went to target to buy a fan to provide white noise for my second and third night. Also,if you are on the street side, you are right up against it. I was a room away and could still hear cars into the night. So...if/when I stay again, I will bring a white noise machine and request a room on an upper floor. Because I did find it peaceful and enjoyed my stay nonetheless. Especially because it is so pretty, off the beaten path, and still convenient to the west side.

Room Tip: choose and upper floor, off of street
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Liz H, General Manager at Inn at Playa Del Rey, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hi turkeybacon1, thank you for your review and feedback. We love what we do and we so appreciate you noticing our team’s great hospitality service. We are also delighted you enjoyed our breakfast buffet – isn’t that homemade granola amazing!? Thank you also for your feedback; we have addressed it with the team. We strive to ensure each of our guests has a peaceful stay and leaves the Inn rejuvenated. It is always helpful to the staff and to the guest to bring attention to anything that we can take care of during your stay. We would have assisted you with a fan or, if possible, found an alternative room.
We sincerely hope you will stay at our Inn again and when you make a reservation, please call us directly at (310) 574-1920 so we may note your preferences and make sure to book the perfect room for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon – homemade cookies will be waiting!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

This is a very friendly family run hotel and it just ozzes character.
It's been several years since we have stayed here and it's our go to place when stopping over in LA...and it just seems to get better with ever visit if that's possible.
Set just a 10-15 minute cab ride from LAX, it's a brilliant convenient and quiet location with an elegant three story wooden hotel that's carefully maintained and beautifully furnished.
The staff are very helpful and nothing seems to be a problem that they aren't able to help solve.
The breakfasts are home cooked with lovely fresh ingredients and cover a wide range to satisfy most tastes. It's also the small things they do that make you feel that you are visiting an old friends house who are keen to make you feel welcome...from the complimentary wine and biscuits at 5pm, to the fresh cookies brought to your room at check-in.
We also were fortunate to receive an upgrade to one of their suites and what a fantastic room that is ( although the standard rooms are great as well)
The owners and staff really know their business in running a great hotel

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the wetland sanctuary and over to the Marina are the pick
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Bruce M - thank you so much for your kind words and for noticing the good work of our team. We particularly loved that you noticed our homemade breakfast items are made with lovely fresh ingredients. We enjoy our small garden and the fresh vegetables it gives us for our cheese soufflés! We strive to be a sanctuary in the big city of Los Angeles and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. As always, homemade chocolate chip cookies will be waiting!

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

We were here for two nights. Everything was great. Rebecca was very friendly. We were given an upgrade!! Fantastic room. Lots of space. Meals were very good. Great view. I can see if on road side it would be noisy. Bed was hard for my taste but most hotels have too hard of beds for my choice.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We love this boutique hotel and stay here pretty frequently.. All the amenities you need for a Southern California sojourn. The hotel is tastefully decorated and is located on the estuary next to the main Marina del Rey shipping channel. The staff are quite friendly and the breakfast food was very good. Yes, I love the chocolate ship cookies...... Highly recommended.

Room Tip: West facing rooms towards the Marina are best.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple