All reviews staples center downtown la convention center rooms are small downtown location walking distance couple nights front desk staff city view location is excellent metro station parking dtla ralphs hollywood
Reviewed 15 June 2011

So disappointed about this hotel I didn’t even arrived to the O hotel when they make fraud to my credit card when I called to book a room, my credit card company told me about this I was in shocked and I tried to reach the manager but no answer, I sent emails and called but still no answered so I called to cancel obviously I wouldn't stay here because of that , Imagine what a scam. horrible.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Michelle A
vsorribes, Manager at O Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Dear Michellekrame,

I am sorry you were the victim of fraud, but I can assure you O Hotel was not involved in any activity on your credit card. I have contacted American Express (your CC company) and they confirmed that the O Hotel did not charge, authorize or otherwise process your credit card. This is consistent with my own records.

I welcome the opportunity to review your statement and answer any further questions you may have.

Victor Sorribes

Reviewed 20 May 2011

The room was like a prison cell. Tiny, hot, shower the size of a postage stamp. Window looked out on a brick wall. Bad lighting. Could not wait to get out of there the next morning.

Room Tip: My only tip is to avoid this hotel like the plague
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank johnwoodRTR
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I stayed here during the first week in May 2011. It was our first time in LA. The hotel is nice inside an the front desk clerks were very helpful. The room was very small but it was comfortable. I wish my room had a microwave so we could have warmed up all the good leftovers we had :))

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2011

This was an unexpected surprise. I usually stay at the Bonaventure when I'm in LA on business but I had a limited budget during this trip. I got lucky here. The rooms are small (average small) but clean. However, with a bar like the one at the O, you don't stay in your room unless you are sleeping (or with a significant other). I'll get right to the point. The bartenders downstairs are the most talented I've come across. Their knowledge of vintage cocktails was very impressive. The span of obscurity should have been intimidating but your server was always there to guide you through; and with a heavenly smile (Elisa). I checked out today and I miss it there already. I'll never stay anywhere else when I visit LA.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank TheTravelingMan1969
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Let me begin by saying this is a very fair review. I have literally stayed everywhere, from motels in small towns to Holiday Inn's to the Ritz. I am not super picky and I don't have to always stay at the nicest places. We booked this hotel based off the pictures and location... and it was a major disappointment. I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend it. When you enter the hotel lobby, it definitely doesn't match the rooms. Basically, they spent money on the lobby and really slacked on the rooms. As soon as I entered our room- it smelled so badly! It had a stale, musty smell to it. Bad first impression. It was also the smallest room I have EVER stayed in and we booked the largest room cateogory they offered. It felt like a cracker box. The bathroom was soooo little, with NO space on the counter to put any personal items. And the shower, oh my goodness. It was so little and has a half door- if that makes any sense. It only covers half of the shower! So, the floor was soaken wet after each shower. Ridiculous! In the shower was a wand that slid up and down the wall, or at least was supposed to. Well, it didn't stay at the top- so the water would constantly hit you at shoulder height, which made it impossible to wash your hair. It was also pointing straight at the wall so you basically had to be smashed up on the wall to get any water. Also, their toileteries are a joke- just tiny bottles of shampoo and conditioner- NO lotion. Let's talk about the noise- every night we could hear loud music, talking and booms and crashes. I think, perhaps, the music was coming from the bar?? Not sure about the other noises- you'd have thought Charlie Sheen was maybe in the room next to us?? We had to sleep with the tv on loudly and the air conditioning on high every night. I think the JW Marriott was only $30 more a night- I wish we would have stayed there. It was so nice! Bottom line- I felt dirty staying here. The room just seemed not clean. I showered as soon as I got home and washed all my clothes- even the ones I didn't wear on the trip, because I felt filthy from our room.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple