See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 March 2018

When we arrived, the check-in went smoothly. We had a parking spot right in front of our room, since it was around 3pm.

The size of our room was big enough to our liking. The bed was comfortable. We never used the living room, because we only stayed for one night. The bathroom was quite small, the window had a view of the neighbour's garden, so there's wasn't much privacy with the window open.

When we visited, there wasn't any warm water, so after a long flight, a shower was out of the question. That was the biggest disappointment.

In the evening and at night, you could hear the guests in the room above you very clearly.

The only good thing about this motel is the location. Especially when you're travelling by car.

Before we arrived at this motel, we considered booking an extra night at the end of our roadtrip. But after we checked out the next morning, the decision was easy to look for another place in L.A.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2018

This place is definitely not what you might expect for a motel. But once inside these rooms you may notice paint chipping on the walls or people fighting in the next room but somehow you just feel, I don´t know what is that, like you´re home? It´s just so friendly and cozy, the perfect vibe really.

So and the property manager is like a super hero. I´ve seen him put out fires left and right the times I´ve stayed here. Not really sure when he sleeps? Super nice guy, very chill and willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay here a good one.

Yeah so overall this place is great, definitely not what you might expect but also given how expensive the area is getting, it´s a deal. And be realistic people, this is obviously not the Hilton!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2018

It's one of very few small motels that has an online profile in the Mar Vista-Culver City area. I picked it due to its proximity to where I need to be and had hoped it would be something like the Crystal Inn, but was quite disappointed, except for the location.

The location is not too bad as it is relatively close to Venice and Marina while the price is not too bad either. Easy to get on/off highway (405) and with a few fast food places within 5 minutes driving distance. Not much within walking distance so a car is required.

Parking is quite tight (in numbers and size of the spots) in the small courtyard, but it suppose to hold all the cars as there are not many rooms. If you drive in a full size SUV or a pickup, don't come back late as there may not be enough space in the remaining parking spot.

The room is relatively large with a separate sitting/living area. The interior was probably updated a few years back with modern tiled floors, but it seems be older than it should be probably because lack of maintenance.

It's generally clean (e.g. bedding, bathroom, etc.) but not at hard to reach places (e.g. corners). The room lacks conveniently located power outlets. I didn't need AC, but the in-room AC looks like noisy. No bathroom fan so window needs to be opened to the immediate neighboring property.

The front office is barricaded and you can talk to the staff through a window and handing in/out staff through an under the window slots. No breakfast (not a problem for me).

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2018

You take a risk when you book last minute to save money. I would caution travellers to read more reviews of his hotel. I thought this would be nicer than it was. The neighborhood has no quality restaurants nearby, and I wouldn't venture out alone at njght. The room was obviously remodelled from what has to have been shabby at best. It was clean, but in need of better furniture, outlets, ammentities, etc. For a two night stay in which I only slept, it was just OK. There is an office but no lobby. Parking is tight and late checkins may have to park on the street. Again, OK, but I would avoid in the future.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Let's start with paying way too much for a dive...$100/night. The use of the word suite is loosely applied. Refrigerator had no shelves and the coffee maker had only one cup when we checked in. We immediately complained to the desk clerk (actually, I don;t know if there is a desk...its a walk up window, no lobby. That should tell you something). Didn't get the frig shelf until the 4th day. Never got a 2nd coffee cup. My wife and I usually like to have coffee together, not one after the other. We went through the 2 thin plastic cups the first day but they didn't replenish them until the end of our 4-night stay.
The condition of the room was something out of a bad dream. Everything is falling apart, scratched up terribly or in disrepair. The hair dryer had exposed electrical wires over the sink which I know is a safety code violation (I'm attaching photos otherwise you may not believe how run down this place is). Only thing positive I can stay about this place was the bed was satisfactory. If you have guests above you, you'll hear them walking around. Parking was tight, twice as many rooms as parking spaces. If you stay here, don't say you weren't warned.

Room Tip: Best rooms are someplace else. Not here.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple