“Eat the Chile Relleno Burrito!”

La Azteca Tortilleria
Ranked #1,314 of 11,724 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 15 January 2017

I rode my bicycle here today with my friends to eat the Chile Relleno Burrito! The burrito was very good, however the tortilla was even better. We all enjoyed our food and agreed we would return again. We rode our bikes 23 miles to get here! Nice people, good service and it was clean!

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

I'm gonna cut to the chase on this one. If all they served was the chili relleno burrito with asada, they'd be a hands-down five out of five. That was one of the best burritos I've ever had...I'm a happier man for having experienced that burrito. This experience would in no way hit the mark the way it did if they didn't make their own tortillas. I wish more places would appreciate the benefit of homemade tortillas...like La Azteca.

That said, I also tried the chorizo burrito with beans, cheese, and potatoes (and chicken taco, asada burrito, chicken burrito, etc). Unfortunately, the chorizo burrito fell short. The potatoes were ultimately the big issue, although, pinto over refried beans would have been much preferred as well. The problem with the potatoes? They're seasoned potatoes...you know, with that crust on the outside. Normally I'm okay with that, but it had way too dominant a flavor in this burrito.

Overall, I love that it's small. The people are extremely friendly, and the food was very good. In LA, would I travel from across town for the asada tacos or chicken burrito? No. But I'd travel from San Francisco for the chili relleno with asada burrito...in fact, I just did and it was totally worth it.

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

La Azteca had been an icon in east la. For out of this world handmade tortillas to awesome burritos. They're huge! My favorite is the chili relleno burrito and the carnitas. Don't forget to take home some fresh tortillas while you're at it. The place is very small maybe a dozen seats. Most take out. It's really busy at lunch and after work. Best burritos in Los Angeles.

Reviewed 20 November 2015

The food here is great, anything you get will be wonderful. Or is really nice when you find a good Mexican restaurant, but this one comes with a reallua. The people who work there are the best, you will love them as I do. Say hello to Cynthia, she will enjoy your company.

But back to the food. The chili rellano burrito is the best in the land, no one makes a better one. The tacos are great try them with cactus.

Reviewed 18 November 2015 via mobile

The breakfast burritos are large and packed full of flavor. They are made fresh to order. These breakfast burritos are a full meal size, be prepared to be stuffed and satisfied or take the rest to go. Comes with the house hot sauce which is a good medium heat with good flavor. Breakfast burritos are priced at $6 which is a great value.
Opens early at 6 am and closes at 3 pm. The dining area is small fits about 15 people.