“Ceviche Supreme...on the run!”
Review of La Cevicheria

La Cevicheria
Ranked #3,129 of 10,305 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Try tasty, fresh Concha Negra (bloody clams, tomatoes, onions, avocado, cilantro, mint, Worcestershire sauce). Add shrimp and octopus. Cash only. Neighborhood is so-so; consider takeout.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

An amazing hidden-gem at the crossroads of east Los Angeles and Koreatown. Came here at the recommendation of my roommate, and his recommendation did not disappoint!

Immediately upon entering the proprietor greeted us and encouraged us to sit. Menus were ready, drink and food orders taken quickly. I ordered the Peruvian ceviche; my friends ordered the Concha Negra and the Chapin. The Peruvian ceviche was divine; it tasted authentically like the ceviche I had first tried in Peru - salty and citric, but not overly so. The marinade was delicious enough to spoon up and drink like a soup. I recommend this dish with the shrimp, octopus, etc. I liked the Chapin, which had a less salty, more tomato-like character. The Concha Negra was my least favorite (though it was still tasty), likely because of the Worcestershire sauce.

For dessert we split a piece of a light, fluffy, semi-sweet piece of tres leches cake drizzled in a strawberry sauce. I wish I had ordered my own piece! It was a perfect complement to a delicious, authentic meal. I will be visiting again!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I'm a huge fan of seafood and an avid fisherman and I also cook what I catch personally. The seafood ceviche was impeccable and Extremely fresh and very well prepared. The sauces where just right and not too overpowering so that you can actually taste the great seafood in the meal. I am definitely going back and recommend it to all ceviche and seafood lovers. The dish taco is a must try as well as all the ceviches on the menu. One Love.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a tiny, about 20 seat, restaurant that is cash only. Street parking and in a non-touristy part of town, but worth locating and visiting. Carolina, the owner, chef makes about the best ceviche, CHAPIN being my favorite, in any of the 39 countries I have visited. Also, the fish tacos will send you into plans to move to L.A, just so that you can eat here at least once a week.
The "plato pescador" or any of the items on the menu are a revelation. Don't forget to ask for her house sauce which is made from habanero chilies. Use it sparingly. Muy caliente.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Just off Pico Blvd. on the western outskirts of ghetto Los Angeles is this tiny little ‘hole in the wall’ called ‘La Cevecheria’. The place is tiny, but otherwise cheery. The walls are painted in shades of turquoise with touches of yellow. Small tables line the perimeter of the restaurant. They have several write-ups on their walls by LA Weekly, and have been featured on Eye On LA, and several other stations.

Owned and operated by a short- tempered Peruvian immigrant (who was a total gentleman with us), this little hustling and bustling restaurant! Let me just say up front - Service is terrible! The world’s slowest waitress will tend to pass your table if you try to get her attention, but the seafood is to DIE FOR! Open for lunch & dinner only.

We opened appetites with the best shrimp appetizer – “Aguaschiles”. This is raw shrimp served in a tangy, chili-lime, mint, sauce… mmm, mmm, good! Their shrimp cocktails are delicious with fresh octopus, crab, shrimp, clams, scallops, mint, and soooo much more! Servings are generous. But why share??? Try different orders and see which you will love best! One of the more popular seafood cocktails is the “Bloody Clams”. Don’t worry, no blood in this little dish. -just the seasonings and natural juices from the baby clams. Don’t forget to try their fish tacos, mariscadas, and ‘mojo de ajo’ with shrimp… YUMM!

Parking is on the street. Seating is first come, first served (or passed up). Cash only, and BYOB (yes, that means beer – 1/can per customer).

Hands down, best Ceviche in all of Los Angeles!