All reviews universal studios movie posters great hotel free breakfast arts district yogurt the breakfast area warner brothers clean hotel metro station room key exercise room hard boiled eggs would stay here again business center parking fee small pool
Reviewed 21 June 2017

This is a great place to stay. I have NEVER seen such wonderful linens at a Holiday Inn Express. What a great surprise, I truly loved the linens! The hotel is actually 3 years old, but the hotel looks brand new. You can tell that the staff has taken care of the property. The lobby is spacious and the library/business center is a nice place to sit and rest or even eat breakfast. The entire staff was wonderful, Ana made my stay actually enjoyable. I wish I could remember everyont's name, but everyone at the front desk were friendly and yet very professional. Breakfast at most Holiday Inn Express is the same, but this property had some nice surprises. I usually do not even go to breakfast at a Holiday Inn Express, however, I did make breakfast here. Being a single person, I appreciated the fact that you had to use your hotel key to access the elevator. That made me feel safe. Recently I have stayed in 4 Holiday Inn Express's in the Los Angeles area and this is the FIRST ONE that I would recommend. The Holiday Inn Express close to Hollywood Blvd is TOO expensive and parking is also too expensive. Unlike the other Holiday Inn Express's that I have stayed in this summer, this hotel smells good, have great elevators, the street noise does not bother you and have great linens. This hotel is close to everything that any tourist would want to see in Los Angeles. If you are looking for a place to stay for a vacation or any reason, this hotel is for you.

Room tip: 2nd floor is good, close to the pool and the gym. 5th floor is nice and quiet.
Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank collector
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

A newly built HIX in noho area with easy access to universal studios and Hollywood. The parking is usually steep in the area. This hotel offers the best parking rate ($9) in its own underground parking lot. Spaces limited. Be aware the route to the attractions can be really congested.

The king room is huge. Enough for 2 king beds side by side. Clean beds and bathroom. It's on the approach path of Burbank airport. But it's a smaller airport and it does not bothers your sleep.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SkyTeamer
Reviewed 17 May 2017

The hotel is very clean. The lobby was warm and welcoming. The room was immaculate. Everything seem to be New and very clean. But, the real story here is the people. The ladies at the front desk were warm and seemed genuinely glad to have us as guests. The maintenance man tried to help us with our luggage, even though he was busy. The maids were very accommodating. Over all if I could give this property 10 stars I would.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

The hotel has a great location, close of the Burbank airport and the cinema studios like Warner Bros and Universal.
We did an early check-in and the welcoming was a little bit cold and the staff was not very helpful. As the room was not ready, we had to let our luggage to the concierge.
Later, we could finally have our room ready, the staff didn't really want to help us regarding our questions about our loyalty program, benefits or other requests.

The room was simple, under the average for a Holiday Inn Express and noisy. All night we had the sound of the elevator, cars in the parking lot. It was not a relaxing time...

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ingrid M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express North Hollywood - Burbank Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Dear Ingrid M,

Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. I'm glad to hear you liked our location. On the other hand, I do regret to learn of your disappointments and the level of service that you received at check-in which fell below your expectations. Allow me to apologize for the noise from the elevator and from the cars in the parking lot which didn't make for a good night's sleep. I thank you for bringing your observations to our attention so we can continue to work on areas where we may have opportunity to improve.

While I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, I would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

North Hollywood, which is essentially more Burbank than Hollywood in character, is not what one could call a tourist or vacation destination. However, it is conveniently located to the Burbank Airport and not too far from places that are tourist destinations, such as Universal City and Hollywood.
This is where the Holiday Inn Express fits in well. It is a newer hotel, that offers large, clean rooms, a decent bathroom, and some semblance of repose. It has a large pool, decent parking at a reasonable price (compared to the absurd prices charged elsewhere), and has free breakfast, which, although I did not eat it, appeared to be complete, even with some meat choices. It smelled good! The hotel is not fancy, but has pleasant styling and decor.
There is nothing to see in the area around the hotel, so going out for a walk to see the sites around the hotel would be a pointless endeavor. There are not really a very good choice of upscale places to eat nearby, but there are good whole-in-the wall restaurants, especially if you like Asian cuisine, and Studio City, where there are some very good places to eat, is not far away by car.
The staff services are limited, but the ones who are there are very polite and helpful.
To be honest, a hotel for me is not a place to spend much time in when I'm traveling. I'm usually out doing the things which are the reason for my travel. What I look for is a refuge that is a clean, comfortable room with a very nice bathroom in a hotel that is pleasant, safe and reasonably priced. Holiday Inn Express provides this.
If you have a car and don't mind driving a little, it's very accessible to Hollywood and to other areas of interest. So if you want to save some money and escaped from the ridiculously high prices of hotels in Hollywood or Universal Studios area, I suggest you try out this hotel. I will again.

Date of stay: April 2017