“Fun Brunch With The Grandchildren”
Review of Mama's Secret

Mama's Secret
Ranked #2,233 of 11,728 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

We were 3 adults and 3 children( Ages 4,7, and 8 ). We all had The Breakfast Sandwich on a Croissant. It was delicious. I have 2 criticisms- One, the restaurant is very noisy. Two, the service is slow. To be fair, this was on a Sunday, and it was crowded. I'm sure it would be fine any other day of the week. The children loved The Hand Walls. They drew their hands, and put their names and the date on them. Generally, a lot of fun!

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Any ethnic restaurant choice that I make is usually based on the assumption "...would someone from (insert country here) eat here and recognize and like it." In the case of Mama's Secret, a Turkish/Middle Eastern restaurant in the heart of oh-so-trendy W. 3rd Street in the Beverly Grove neighborhood, the answer seems to be yes. Men and women speaking what sounds like Turkish and various Middle Eastern languages pack the restaurant as they serve a variety of humus, salads and film dough pastries that reminded me of fare I sampled in Istanbul. There's enough of a LA vibe to have recognizable staples like quinoa and arugula on the menu but they are combined with traditional middle eastern savory pastries, cheesy and warm, served on a cutting board accompanied by cucumbers and tomatoes. The decor isn't the most up to date with a tired couch and white wooden chairs, but grab a seat outdoors and watch the trendy foot traffic walk by and all can be forgotten (particularly if you have a dog that you want to bring to lunch and need to sit al fresco). With Prime Cuts next door, a sort schwarma-like restaurant, you have all you need to indulge your Middle Eastern cravings. This place is the real deal.

1  Thank JackJasonAroundWorld
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We are so happy that we found this place. My husband and I love turkish/lebanese/mediterranean food. This place was very low key but everything we had was so tasty..

We came here twice during our 4 night stay in town. We had a fantastic breakfast both times! The Turkish breakfast was delicious, my favorite kind of breakfast. The Lebneh was so good... just a little spicy kick but was absolutely delicious. We loved the unlimited tea and we could not get enough of their gozlemes. The spinach/feta was our favorite.

Really happy with this little find and we will certainly be back here on our next trip to LA!

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Tried it for breakfast. We had to wait for 15 minutes to get a table. Later we had to wait also more than 30 minutes just get our food.

The food was good. The french toast wasn't that good more of a bitter than sweet.

Reviewed 28 May 2016

We stopped at this restaurant for breakfast, and we're pleasantly surprised. This is a Turkish restaurant in Beverly Hills. My husband ordered the Turkish breakfast which consisted of olives, beef, turkey, 3 kinds of cheese, tahini, honey (or nutella), sliced cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber, butter, and plenty of pita. This could easily have been enough for both of us, and was so good. I ordered the mujammara which was tomatoes and roasted red peppers blended with walnuts, garlic, oregano, and olive oil. This was delicious, and tasty on the warm pita. Our server was good, but seemed hurried, and did not bring the second cup,of Turkish coffee my husband until we finally flagged him down and asked again. This spot seemed very authentic.