“Good old fashion cafe”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Clifton's has been around for many many years. They use to have many different locations in the old days (Century City, etc) and now only have the one location in downtown Los Angeles, They service excellent food and service is very good too. Plenty of freshly cooked food items and freshly carved turkey is a must. Definitely a good place to eat if you are in the downtown area of Los Angeles.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We were up on the top floor and had a great time. The tiki décor was impressive and made it a fun night. But the best part was the hospitality we received from Michelle, and her stories of the bar’s history. Thanks for giving us the tour.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

This would probably be a 5-star review if I had gone to Clifton’s for a night out with friends. But I’m instead, I went with my family on a Saturday afternoon only to find the bars open and the cafeteria closed. In hindsight, I should have checked their website which shows the cafeteria closed all the time and no anticipated re-opening date.

The atmosphere is like a movie set with dramatic staircases, rustic and/or antique furniture, and several stuffed forest creatures. The cocktail menu was intriguing, but alas it was a family outing and not girls’ night out. We looked around and took some pictures, but left hungry.

7  Thank Jami b
Reviewed 18 June 2018

The moment you enter the door, you feel you have stepped into LA in the 30's. This is a cafeteria, fer gawd sakes, but feels like a whole other world. The food is american and good, but save room for dessert, cause the pastries are amazing. The decor is kitschy, to say the least, with tree trunks and taxidermy throughout. It's not cheap, but worth the experience.

3  Thank ConcordBaddog
Reviewed 4 June 2018

I was really looking forward to seeing this iconic restaurant during our trip to L.A. and was disappointed. The ambiance was nice, and the bar is gorgeous. It was not busy, only a handful of people eating and drinking. However, the "concierge" said there was a 10 minute wait to get in to the cafeteria and gift shop area. Okay, so we waited directly in front of him while he looked at us. He then let others in over the next 15 minutes. I asked him what was happening... and he didn't know who I was. SIGH. So we were finally allowed into the food area, a large cafeteria that has more seating....it was empty. No long lines or customers. We waited so they could look important. We left without buying anything. All I wanted was rainbow jello but instead we got a bad memory.

2  Thank lost j