“Good food, busy place”

Ranked #52 of 11,912 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Due to a fire on 8/24, Bestia will be closed tonight. Please visit our website for more information.
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our dinner here. The pizza Alla Nduja was nice and spicy with a crunchy crust. The Farro salad was light and interesting. The grilled pork tomahawk chop was the highlight of our meal! Huge, soft and very tasty! I would come back just for that! Don’t pass on desserts!

Reviewed 6 November 2018

It was my first visit, and I really enjoyed my five courses. The Roasted Marrow Bone was delicious, also the Cavatelli with housemade pork sausage. The noise is loud, but the Bestia is worth the visit. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

The food at Bestia is excellent and it truly makes up for all the small inconveniences the restuarant also offers.

Here are my qualms:

1. Exclusivity: It takes weeks to get a decent reservation on a decent day at a decent time. I did walk in one time and was seated luckily at the communal bar table they had set up. It was crowded. Even when I made reservations 3 weeks in advance I got a 5PM table on a Tuesday. Had to leave the office early just to get there on time.

2. Too Small: As a business owner I want as many people seated and paying as possible. As a patron I have a hard time with eating at the small tables. The first time I went i was in my third trimester and can barely move around.

3. Must order everything at once. The plates at Bestia are quite small. One pasta dish for sure won't fill you up so you must order all you want to eat at the first order, including the wine and drinks (they will refill of course).

BUT, in the end the food and ambiance outweigh the cons tremendously so it still deserves 5 stars. To be honest it has a busy new york feel to it so I like to embrace the cons at that.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Paired with their Hot Tea (August uncommon, black with bergamot, plum, & clove / green with lemongrass, pineapple, & barley), their dishes were amazing and worth the wait to get our table. Hostess wasn't all that courteous, but our wait staff were gracious and extremely forthcoming about menu options. Use their valet service as parking around the area is quite sketchy. Reservations are a must so make sure you book ahead.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Remarkable and impeccable italian experience in an unpredictable LA location. Typical must come back in every trip. Experience goes beyond the great food all the way to great servers. Don't forget to book ahead and be ready for a great dining experience!