“Great Steakhouse”

Nick & Stef's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick & Stef's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #304 of 10,919 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$31 - US$80
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th
Transit: Metro: 4th & Hill; Dash: Route B, Grand + 4th;
Description: Nick & Stef's Steakhouse in downtown LA offers contemporary high-design showcasing a menu combining steakhouse tradition and culinary flair. Indulge in the expanded dry-aged prime steak options and fresh-catch seafood selections, paired with a curated world-class wine list of over 500 labels and craft cocktails. Adhering to the founding principles of Nick + Stef’s Steakhouse, the menu by Executive Chef Megan Logan remains focused on celebrating top tier ingredients through modern-day steakhouse. Spoil your palate with USDA prime onsite 28-day dry-aged cuts including a Tomahawk Rib Chop, Rib-Eye and New York. Other meat experiences include Certified Angus Beef, imported and domestic Wagyu steak, along with a varied selection of grass-fed cuts. Enjoy burgers and sandwiches during lunch service, along with drink specials at the best happy hour in LA, every weekday from 2-7.
Reviewed 23 March 2017

This steakhouse has great service, well-executed meats, and a fun atmosphere. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 23 March 2017

I have eaten and had drinks at Nick & Stefs many times. Unfortunately, my last few visits have been very disappointing. The steaks are good, but the other food is average and overpriced. The service has gotten bad. As an aside, the dining room can get very loud. Nick & Stefs is no longer my "go to" restaurant in LA.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Came here and was afforded a good meal. If you want a great steak in downtown, you really can't go wrong here. It had great decor and decent service and I'd recommend it for casual meals and special occasions.

The steak was great. One thing that I loved was the fact that they kept rock salt on the table so that you could add it as you pleased in case you needed more on your steak.

18oz Ribeye - Cooked perfectly with a good amount of char. Nick + Stef's is known for their dry aged meat, and it really lends to the tenderness and flavor of the meat.

The sides are really what I judge at a steakhouse (because if they don't do steak well, why the heck is it a "steakhouse"?). I had:

Mac & Cheese - Light sauce, but still cheesy. Highly recommended.

Szechuan Long beans - Tasty, but not really worth it.

Potato Gratin - Cooked perfectly, also a must.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I have been to Nick & Stef's for work functions during the week and it's nice. The crowd on a Saturday was completely different and lacking. The environment was boring, but the food was great. The pop-overs are out of this world!

Reviewed 24 January 2017

We decided to try this place after we saw a video for them on Youtube from others that have tried it and the meat gods smiled down upon us. The food here was spectacular from the sides all the way to dessert. We started with the crab cakes and scallops which were heavenly before moving on to the oysters and rib chop. They asked if we wanted it sliced or if we would rather slice it ourselves and we opted to have them slice it. The meat was juicy yet tender and made me think twice about all the other places I've gone for a proper chop. We even had leftovers that we gladly took. The place was quiet yet elegant and was not overly packed.

Been to Nick & Stef's Steakhouse? Share your experiences!