“Still great Mexican food after 6 years”
Review of El Tepeyac

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I always make it a point to visit El Tepeyac ( or Manuel) whenever I am in East Los Angeles. The food is still terrific. This visit it was my daughters that insisted we had to eat here. Normally they push me to try other highly rated restaurants; I guess they finally figured out that El Tepeyac is hard to beat. We love their beef tacos(shredded beef) and taquitos. The taquitos come smothered with homemade guacamole. And I mean smothered. There is more than enough guacamole for the taquitos and the some. The beef enchiladas are one of my favorites. I used to eat their fantastic Hollenbeck or Machaca burittos but those are just too big for me now. The food has been consistent since I started coming in 1980. Hard to beat El Tepeyac. My only complaint is the jump in price if the food. I don't think the locals can afford to eat here. I use to eat here almost every week in the 1980s but at the current prices, I would have to cut back.

1  Thank ROCKAWAYOKA

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

My family has been coming here for generations. The food is tasty and authentic, while the service is fast and efficient. The hollenback is a great burrito, but the okie is a lot milder for those who don't want something so spicy.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Go here. Friendly staff and good food. Old school. Highly recommended by locals. Now we know why, too. I like this kind of place. Small restaurant with attentive people who obviously enjoy working here and preparing food for their customers. Would go here over any other place in the area.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

This is an original family owned Mexican restaurant it's the real deal. It's like going to your family to eat. Food is authentic and the burrito can feed a small family. It's a small place for indoor seating and there's usually a line to get in but worth the wait. They do have outdoor seating for food picked up at takeout. It's a small gem and worth the trip.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Most native Angelenos who know and love Mexican food know El Tepeyac on Evergreen St. in East Los Angeles. You will not be disappointed in the size of the burritos, and for a challenge, order a Manny's Special. Most people share it because you will need the help eating alone. The food is fresh, homemade style, delicious, and served hot. The quacamole is freshly prepared, the real deal.