“Good reliable option”

Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 28 April 2018

Good diner food in a nice neighborhood. Coming from New York it was a familiar sight. Good for families.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Because I love pie and having seen this place on Comedians in Cars going for Coffee, where Jerry took Kristen Wiig, I added it to my “to do” list on our recent trip to L.A.

We were not disappointed! I asked I our server, Pereya, what her favourite things eat here were and without hesitation, she suggested the Cobb Salad. My wife and I had Cobb Salads, my one daughter (a bit of a Mac n cheese aficionado), went for the Simply Perfect Mac and Cheese, and my other daughter went with the Nice Little Dinner Salad and chicken rice soup.

All were delicious. With very little room saved for dessert (portions were very large), we split a piece of strawberry cheese cake, which was equally fresh and delicious. Will be back!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

House of Pies is a classic diner. The food it comfort food. The servers are attentive and friendly. They bake their pies, cheese cakes and cookies fresh daily on site. The prices are reasonable. It is a popular place for locals.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

My brother took us to the House of Pies because he swore it served the best pie in town. He was not lying. There were 3 different pie slices on the table that were shared among all of us. I recommend going this route so you can enjoy the wide variety. Chocolate cream pie, strawberry cream pie, and apple pie a la mode did not disappoint. We went late at night and it was an excellent way to follow up our visit to Griffith's Observatory.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Yes, for most it's always because of the pies here. But the menu is full and breakfast, lunch, and dinner are also good choices. I also like that a fruit cup can be chosen as your side dish. Maybe try something like a cheesy corn flake and onion pancake for breakfast, a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and dinner could be a maple glazed pork chop. Whatever you like, this sample will give you an idea. Not pretentious at all. And nice waitstaff. Often gets busy. And free parking on site in Los Feliz.

1  Thank Zoom_Gotti