Shanghai Red's
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Westside
Cross street: Lincoln & Fiji
Transit: Fiji
Description: Located at the far west end of Marina Del Rey’s South Bay boardwalk, Shanghai Red’s Restaurant offers not only fine California cuisine (specializing in seafood) but also an intriguing blend of Polynesian, Victorian and contemporary architecture.
Reviewed 23 September 2011

My niece was visiting and when I asked her what she wanted to eat she mentioned so many options that Shanghai Red was the place to go.
She loved it.
Eggs Benedict are overdone but otherwise, it is a good feast.
Nice to sit outside looking at the water. friendly staff who are quick to refill the champagne and OJ.

1  Thank lillywillis

Reviewed 12 September 2011

My cousin held his daughter's 1st birthday at this restaurant this past weekend. Family & friends gathered to celebrate this special occasion and from its name, I was ready to dive into eating chinese food. Unfortunately, it was just another champagne buffet that you would find in most restaurants in L.A. on a weekend. Nothing really stood out food wise but we had a great view of the marina. The worst part of this experience were these 2 big wooden desks that were situated at the reception area across from the dessert table & beside entrances into the main buffet & restaurant. What an ugly sight!! I have never seen such a thing in all my 40 years living here in L.A. OMG!!! what an eyesore and to think in Marina del Rey too. Whose stupid idea was this to put a mini office right smack in the reception area??? No recommendation from me that's for sure.

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Nice view, crap food and unlimited mimosas. For the $80+ brunch we could have gone almost anywhere. Yes this place has rooms of food and looks impressive when you walk in but up close you realize you would have been better at Denny's. Our server was wonderful and kept the champagne flowing but I think it was to distract us from the horrible cafeteria/airport like meal. View is nice but there are plenty of better places to eat at in the marina like the Warehouse!

1  Thank Jduany
Reviewed 1 September 2010

And beautiful views! We sat outside and enjoyed the sunset. Service was very poor. Waited 20 minutes for drink. Then another 10 for bread, after we asked three people! Forgot my husband's appetizer... Then brought his food and NOT mine! Should have let them keep it. Overdressed salad. Didn't eat two bites. Removed without offer or question. Went to market after & bought my dinner.
It is a GREAT happy hour spot though...

1  Thank greeneyes67
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Met a friend here for sunday brunch, we arrived around 10 ( a good idea) as it got quite busy after 11. The view of the marina was very lovely, the food was tasty with plenty of variety. My friend said we could have breakfast, lunch and thanksgiving all in one place. The food choices ranged from waffles, omelettes, eggs benedict,bacon and taters, to beans,rices,salad, seafood, pasta, fruit, sushi, carving station and a chocolate fountain..all with champagne, juice and water...I was quite happy.