“Superb Greek cuisine and setting”
Review of Ulysses Voyage

Ulysses Voyage
Ranked #852 of 11,912 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Ulysses Voyage is a gorgeous looking Greek restaurant at the Farmers" Market and facing the Grove.

There is beautiful outdoor seating in an authentic Greek motif metalwork enclosure.

I was very pleasantly greeted by Host Sava whose service was gracious and impeccable.

The server Kevin was also outstanding presenting their flaming Saganaki cheese dish as an appetizer. This was one of the best cheeses I've ever had combining lamb and cow cheese.

For a main I had their signature lamb gyro and the white fish. Both were outstanding and the fish was succulent and flaky; not to mention looking great on the plate; so I felt slightly guilty tearing it apart.

Sava recommended the Greek Santorini white wine with the fish which is frankly one of the best glasses of white wine I've ever had and perfectly chilled.

I finished with the Loukoumades(puffs with honey and cinnamon) and Coffee which crowned a wonderful evening.

The view from the Patio is also fun.

Ulysses Voyage certainly achieves one of my top ten ever Greek dining experiences.

The ambience, cuisine and Staff are worldclass.

Well done.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

I wanted a quick and tasty meal and I got it. I love Greek food so was looking forward to it. Lamb shank was divine. I would have liked a few more potatoes to soak up the amazing sauce but if you had bread that would do it. As a coeliac I couldn't have it. Should have asked for rice but I'm picking hairs here as it's a lovely place. The staff were really good and the setting really pleasant on a warm evening.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 5 April 2017

Coming from Europe and having enjoyed many delicious meals in Greece, I was expecting to be disappointed but the menu looked authentic so we went in. The staff were attentive but unobtrusive and the food was tasty, well presented and, well, Greek!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

My food was prepared perfectly . Lamb done medium rare as requested and service was attentive and swift.
Excellent watermelon cocktail.
They happily substituted fries.
Warm fresh bread, & excellent lemon chicken soup.
Eggplant app done perfectly .
Just happened to be in the area and we made the right choice for Mediterranean Greek Food.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Great food, weather, and shopping near the Grove. Parking is readily available for a small price. Bring your walking shoes and sunglasses for some fun in the sunshine.

Date of visit: February 2017

Been to Ulysses Voyage? Share your experiences!