“GREAT SEAFOOD AND FRESH OYSTERS”
Review of Gumbo Pot

Gumbo Pot
Ranked #873 of 11,892 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Neighbourhood: Central L.A
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Stopped by while in market. I had checked them out online and chose to eat here from reviews. Ordered a sampler appetizer of raw oysters, crawfish and boiled shrimp. Oysters were fresh, large and clean. Good taste. Shrimp was fresh and good. Crawfish was good size but not spicy and I prefer mine hot but knew they were cold when I ordered them. Not best I have had but good. I got a fried seafood platter and it had fish, shrimp and oysters. All were good and I had plenty to eat. Wife got dynamite shrimp and she loved them. Price is great and food is great. Cocktale sauce was best I have ever had.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We decided to try something different for lunch this time. What a fantastic place. Red beans and rice, shrimp po-boy and chocolate beignets. Food looked and tasted great. We did not wait long to order or get our food. We really love the entire farmers market and now love this place too.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Our tour stopped for lunch at the farmer’s Market on 21 Sept. 2017 and we hustled over to Gumbo Pot. We had the Oyster & Shrimp Po’boy and Fried Snapper. It seemed like the stand was short of workers, so service was slow. We enjoyed both meals and wished we could have tried more of their offerings. We would come back again.
Did this review earn a “helpful” vote?

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

Had lunch at the Farmers Market and stopped by for dessert. We ordered one serving of the beignets. Delicious but way too much powdered sugar. Next time we will get sugar on the side and dip a little at a time. Will have try lunch next time, jambalaya and gumbo looked delicious.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped at the LA Farmers’ Market on our tour of LA. Lots of food vendors to choose from. I chose a half portion of Jumbalaya to accompany my empanada from another vendor. It was plentiful and authentic. My daughter ordered a shrimp po boy which she enjoyed, but there were very few shrimp on the sandwich, mostly lettuce. Being a very large sandwich, she took all the shrimp from half the sandwich and combined them with the shrimp on the other half. So she ended up with half a sandwich. Other than that, the food was good.