“Mother's day with impeccable food”
Review of El Compadre

El Compadre
Reserve with OpenTable
El Compadre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #178 of 10,298 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Hollywood
Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

I went here as per recommended by my barber and damn he was right on the money!

We order El Padrino which came with a flank steak, 1 cheese enchilada, 1 beef taco, with rice and beans.

My lady ordered the El grande which came with a Chile rilieno, 1 beef taco, 2 cheese enchiladas with beans and rice.

My lady verbalize to me that that was the best Chile rilieno she has ever had in her life! It had a hint of sweetener to the peppers that was not common with the others she's tasted.

My steak was medium to cook and cheese enchiladas tasted too good to be true and has left a memory than cannot be forgotten.

We will come here weekly now!

Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

The bad: Tasteless, bland. White American tastebuds.Cooks did not give a hoot on a prime night, prime time, just pump out volume. Drinks are way too expensive.
The good: Authentic menu, good entre prices. Old Mexicans playing guitar were legit but doubt they eat here, even if free.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

My boyfriend and I came to this restaurant with very high hopes, because we love Mexican food. I ordered the chicken enchiladas and he got shrimp tacos. The tacos were alright, nothing extraordinary. The enchiladas tasted like a microwaved dinner. Worst part - the server did not even ask us once how the food was after serving it. Another server who saw that my plate was still full asked me if I wanted something else. The two stars I have given are for that server and the authentic vibe of the restaurant decor. The margaritas here are good - but quite strong.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

This was my first time going to this place. But I use to work next door and always heard great things about it. I honestly can say their food was really good. Services was great at the beginning and towards the end they were rushing us out Because they had a line of people.

We seriously had just finished and they were taking our plates and bringing the check. That wasn't the best thing, but their food and drinks were really good.

I would definitely go back....but on a Saturday during dinner time.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

It must be good as people line up inside every day to get a table. Authentic Mexican food prepared to very high standards. I opted for the Snapper as I was trying to eat bit lighter this time. It was excellent and accompanied by my request for vegetables rather than starch. My guest had a Mexican shrimp dish which he raved about. Lots of great looking drinks went by our table but we opted for beer. Good value, great atmosphere, fun crowd.